Hazon is leading a transformative movement deeply weaving sustainability into the fabric of Jewish life, in order to create a healthier, more sustainable, and equitable world for all.
Hazon is the national umbrella organization leading the Jewish environmental movement, and the largest faith-based environmental organization in the U.S, leading the Jewish response to the climate crisis and working in coalition with other faith and cultural groups as well. Now, Hazon plans to merge with the strongest Jewish retreat center and JOFEE site in North America, the Pearlstone Campus just outside of Baltimore, creating a stronger organization than ever before to lead the Jewish, Outdoor, Food, Farming and Environmental Education (JOFEE) world and the Jewish environmental movement as a whole.
This full time position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will be local to Baltimore, MD to work onsite with the potential to work remotely at times.
- Perform administrative duties for the CEO and the Executive team, which includes typing correspondence, taking minutes at meetings, arranging meetings and preparing materials for Board and committee meetings. Opens CEO’s mail and answers correspondence as needed. Sets up forms and formats as needed to ensure flow of work.
- Answers telephones and screens incoming calls.
- Maintains up-to-date rosters for the Hazon-Pearlstone Board of Directors and other committees.
- Makes arrangements for Board committee meetings (e.g. nominating committee) and staff meetings, which include room set-ups, materials and food. Makes follow-up calls to ensure attendance at these meetings.
- Attends management meetings and is responsible for taking minutes.
- Serves as the liaison between the CEO and the Board of Directors at certain times. - Prepares documentation for the nominating process.
- Assists in making travel arrangements, arranging accommodations, and coordinating materials as directed by the CEO.
- Creates the PowerPoint presentations for the CEO.
- Develops and maintains filing system; maintains permanent record of meetings and correspondence.
- Participates in agency training, staff meetings, committees and special events.
- Maintains and enforces agency policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- With multiple priorities, you will have additional responsibilities in areas requiring administrative work, utilizing organizational skills, project management, and time management.
- 3 years minimum of prior experience as an Executive Assistant to Executive Director/CEO and Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in computer skills to include Microsoft Office, including email, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and incorporate new technologies is a priority.
- High level of written and verbal skills.
- This role will work in a fast paced environment, so the candidate must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with lay leadership, staff and community.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain employee, member and lay leader information at the highest level of confidentiality.