Atlanta Jewish Academy seeks a dynamic and talented educator for the position of Assistant Principal for Judaic Studies for the 2022-2023 school year. The AP for Judaic Studies position is a full-time, 12-month position responsible for collaborating in the building and implementing of a K-8 Judaic Studies educational program, both formal and informal, that fosters the growth of AJA students with a love of Torah and Medinat Yisrael. The AP reports to the LS/MS Judaic Principal.
At AJA we offer a private Jewish Day School education to children from Early Childhood - 12th Grade at our beautiful, spacious 15 acre wooded Atlanta area campus. We are driven by a passion for academic excellence in General and Judaic Studies, Torah values, and a love for Israel and all Jewish people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating an atmosphere that nurtures a love of Torah, Am Yisrael, and Medinat Yisrael throughout the AJA Lower and Middle School divisions.
- Work with the Principal to develop and implement the Judaic Studies scope and sequence that allows for individual student growth
- Utilize research-based best practices in subject instruction to create dynamic, skill-building learning environments for students in grades K-8, and collaborate with GS and JS colleagues for implementation.
- Work collaboratively with teachers to develop co-curricular experiences.
- Coordinate and implement experiential Jewish life programming
- Work with the Principal to oversee a variety of Judaic Studies assessments and use data to assist student growth.
- Teach 1-2 periods a day and be active in Middle School Tefillah
- Represent the school in the wider community.
Supervision, Evaluation & support of Judaic Studies Faculty
- Assist Principal in supervising, evaluating, and supporting all Judaic Studies faculty. Ensure that all Judaic Studies faculty are provided with ongoing supervision and performance evaluations, and that performance issues are addressed in a timely and consistent fashion (in conjunction with Principal).
- Supervise the implementation of curriculum across Judaic Studies.
- Develop and maintain measures of student achievement.
- Serve as an educational coach to specifically defined teachers.
- At least five years of teaching experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please send electronically: Resume, Letter of Interest and Educational Philosophy or Personal Statement.
AJA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.