Headquartered in New York, the Claims Conference is a global, non-profit organization committed to providing a small measure of justice to Holocaust Survivors. Since our founding in 1951, the Claims Conference has secured more than $90 billion from the German government in indemnification for Survivors. In 2021, the Claims Conference will distribute approximately $625 million in direct compensation to over 260,000 survivors in 83 countries and will allocate approximately $640 million in grants to over 300 social service agencies worldwide that provide vital services for Holocaust survivors, such as home care, food, and medicine. Our Research, Education, and Documentation (RED) funds contribute toward global efforts to educate the public and preserve the memory of the Holocaust through teacher training programs, exhibitions, and films such as Son of Saul, an Academy Award winner for Best Foreign Film. At the Claims Conference, we honor history while making history.
The Claims Conference is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer and senior leadership. We are seeking a team player with impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will take initiative, develop strong relationships, coordinate and plan board and lay leadership meetings, schedule daily meetings, make travel arrangements, exercise good judgment, and have strong written and verbal communication.
- Providing multi-faceted administrative support to Executive Vice President and other senior leadership;
- Ensuring effective use of an executive's time and productive interactions with staff and the public;
- Handling a wide range of administrative and support tasks and independently initiates and implements processes to manage projects and information;
- Coordinating the executive's schedule, meeting preparations, follow-up tasks, and complex travel arrangements;
- Communicating and maintaining solid working relationships with executives, colleagues, agency contacts and board members;
- Planning and Coordinating the Claims Conference Annual Board and various committee meetings, including arranging venue, hotel accommodations, working with legal on contracts, arranging technical assistance, etc.;
- Managing Committee database of meeting minutes and materials; ensuring both are complete and accurate; Maintaining discretion and confidentiality;
- Adhering to time sensitive deadlines, maintaining confidential materials and working independently on multiple projects;
- Preparing correspondence and maintaining files (paper and electronic);
- Screening and prioritizing phone calls;
- Performing administrative responsibilities related to the above and to other areas as needed.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and administrative skills;
- At least 5-7 years of experience as an executive secretary or administrative assistant;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Zoom;
- Familiarity and knowledge of the Holocaust preferred.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In compliance with NYS Labor Law Section 194-a, the Claims Conference does not seek salary history information from job applicants.