Vice President of Israel and Global Initiatives
Are you passionate about inspiring others to connect with the global Jewish community? The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore is currently seeking a Vice President of Israel and Global Initiatives (I&G) to craft and lead The Associated’s strategy to deepen people to people connections between Baltimore and Israel, promote Israel education and travel and enhance Jewish communities globally. This person leads the Israel and Global professional team and partners with experienced lay leaders in implementing a robust Israel and Global agenda. The Vice President manages a $6M+ budget and stewards the relationships with global organizational partners.
In this highly collaborative role, you will use your expertise in community planning & relationship management to:
- Oversee The Associated’s partnerships with Ashkelon, Israel and Odessa, Ukraine.
- Supervise the Insight Israel Forum, The Associated’s vehicle for nuanced Israel dialogue and education.
- Innovate and expand The Associated’s global peoplehood agenda.
- Oversee the growth and development of young adult immersive Israel experiences.
- Develop strategies to enhance Israel education.
- Advance vision and strategies to connect Baltimoreans to The Associated’s I&G work.
- Expertly supervise and lead the I&G professional team in Baltimore, Ashkelon, and Odessa.
- Engage volunteer leaders in setting priorities and focus for The Associated’s Israel and Overseas work.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Eight to ten years work-related and supervisory experience.
- Ability to travel, local and overseas.
- Strong knowledge of Israel
- Passion for connecting to Israel and supporting Jewish life globally.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information is required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a team setting is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range is $110,000-$120,000 and is commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
Benefits & Perks: The Associated offers a hybrid work environment that supports professional development and collaboration. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, paid parental leave, holiday pay, wellbeing programming, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We also make work/life balance a priority by offering generous vacation and sick time.
PLEASE NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within The Associated system as of November 15, 2021.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Qualified Candidates apply here: Click here to apply.
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. The Associated is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, The Associated supports a thriving Baltimore that celebrates diversity and appreciates the unique combination of gender, race, age, religion and ethnicity, sexual orientation, intellectual and physical disabilities, and special qualities that each resident adds to the fabric of life in Baltimore. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodations, please contact us, and we will make every effort to meet your needs.