Kesher Newton seeks energetic, warm, and Hebrew proficient educators for our pluralistic after-school program for grades K-8.
Our teachers possess a passionate, charismatic, student-centered approach to Jewish learning. They are able and willing to work with students using a variety of teaching approaches and inspirational methods to maximize learning.
Qualified candidates will be adept at teaching Hebrew as a second language, exhibit a deep knowledge of Jewish culture, have facility in differentiating instruction, classroom routines/management, and feel comfortable in an "ivrit b'ivrit" environment. In addition, they will possess patience, a sense of humor, and love of learning, and they will be both organized and willing to work as part of a cohesive educational team. Creative and "out of the box" lesson planning a must.
Experience in the Proficiency Approach to Hebrew instruction and fluency in Hebrew is a plus, as is a deep knowledge of Judaic Studies.
Staff hours for open positions are 12PM-6 PM on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10-6 on Wednesdays. All lesson planning for teaching staff are done at Kesher during those hours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching Hebrew and Judaic Studies or teaching Hebrew and assisting with Judaic Studies
• Attending faculty meetings
• Attending professional development meetings
• Collaborative lesson planning on premises
• Monthly curricular updates to families
• Bi-annual report cards
• Teaching Hebrew-infusedchugim (electives)
• Assisting in the leading of all-school assemblies and "shira"
• Helping to facilitate Kesher family programming 3-5 times a year
• General after-school program tasks such as supervising free time, snack, leading games and activities informally with the students, and monitoring arrival/dismissal.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]