Title: Associate Director of Security
Reports to: Director of Security
Location: Los Angeles, New York Metro Area
The Community Security Service (CSS) is the leading organization for training American Jewish volunteers to protect their communities. At CSS, our mission is simple: Protect Jewish Life and Jewish Way of Life. Through our tiered programs and training, volunteers learn to identify threats and proactively safeguard their synagogues, institutions, and events. We have trained over 5,000 volunteers across denominations and regions in the United States on situational awareness and operational security.
CSS is offering a full-time opportunity to support the organization’s Director of Security. We seek an ambitious and creative project manager to support the organization’s security and operations in a number of areas. The Associate Director of Security should be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for an individual who shares a passion for CSS’ mission.
- Manage and support backend and volunteer operations
- Anticipate light technical issues that arise in our system’s backend and work to resolve them
- Assist Director of Security in organization-wide development projects
- Assist Director of Security in national intelligence efforts
- Support CSS National HQ in its overall mission
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university, with coursework in criminal justice political science, public administration or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years experience in security, national security, law enforcement, or security-related work, preferably with management experience
- Excellent communication and program management skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a persistence to see issues resolved
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, oral, and written skills
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Must live in the United States, with a strong preference for Los Angeles or New York Metro Area, and be eligible to work in the US. This position is currently work from home, and should be available for occasional evenings and weekends. Travel is expected to be approximately 20%.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected], with Associate Director of Security the subject of the email. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.