The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services and educational needs. The Federation movement, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice) and Torah (Jewish learning).??
About the Position:
The mission of The JFNA Center on Holocaust Survivor Care and Institute on Aging and Trauma (Center) is to advance person-centered, trauma-informed (PCTI) care for Holocaust survivors, older adults with a history of trauma, and family caregivers. The Center does so through two goals: (1) awarding sub-grants to local organizations to develop and implement innovative PCTI care programs, and (2) providing technical assistance and capacity building support to sub-grantees and other aging services organizations to provide PCTI care. This work is funded through federal grants from the United States Administration for Community Living and generous philanthropic contributions.
As part of these efforts, the Center engages in research and evaluation functions, including assisting sub-grantees in the development of their program evaluations, compiling and analyzing evaluation data to determine promising practices, monitoring and compiling research and trends on aging and trauma, and disseminating PCTI strategies and lessons learned through conference presentations and publications. The Graduate Fellow, Research and Evaluation, will support in all these research and evaluation activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist staff and subgrantees with program evaluation efforts.
- Support in the development and implementation of evaluation plan.
- Support in the development and administration of evaluation tools.
- Support in the cleaning, coding, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide analytical support to Center staff including systematizing large volumes of data, identifying trends, and presenting findings.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Support in article and report writing.
- Other related assignments as directed
- Current enrollment in graduate degree in program evaluation, social work, social science, gerontology, public health, public administration, or similar field.
- Academic specialization in research, monitoring, evaluation, and learning preferred.
Recommended Experiences and Skills:
- Entry-level experience in the nonprofit, government, or health and human services fields.
- Background and/or interest in aging services and/or trauma preferred.
- Experience with research, program evaluation, and data analysis
- Excellent research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to sort through and systemize large volumes of materials.
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and professional self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- No travel is required for this position.
- This position is part-time, 20 hours per week.
- Desired timeframe for this position is September 2022 through May 2023, with the option to extend through August 2023. The exact start and end date of the position is flexible.
- ?This position can be remote or in JFNA’s Washington, DC office.
- Compensation is $20/hour
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line “Graduate Fellow, Research and Evaluation”. Writing samples may be academic papers, must be at least one page in length, and must not have been significantly edited by others.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, JFNA celebrates and welcomes people of all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. JFNA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please indicate on your application if you need any accommodations for your interview.