We are seeking a compassionate, experienced clinician to coordinate our community chaplaincy services and to provide bereavement support for Chicagoland’s Jewish community.
This position is full time and benefits eligible.
- Conduct intakes for bereavement and chaplaincy services and connect community members experiencing illness, grief, loneliness, or other life challenges with professional Jewish chaplains and/or grief support programs.
- Provide overall coordination of chaplaincy/spiritual support programs and services, including cultivating and maintaining relationships with a diversity of community partners.
- Work closely with colleagues and Jewish communal partners to develop and facilitate grief support programs, including in-person and online one-time “evenings of support”, time-limited groups and ongoing drop-in groups.
- Master’s degree in social work or related field required.
- Minimum three years clinical experience with bereaved individuals and grief support groups.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills in-person and online required, with minimum three years of experience, including ability to adapt to meet changing needs and circumstances.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills required.
- Comfortable working across the diversity of Chicagoland’s Jewish community
- Ability to travel to different locations, primarily on Chicago’s north side and north/northwest suburbs required.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends required.
New hires need to be fully vaccinated with 1 or 2 doses and booster and provide their card upon hire OR begin receiving the booster within 2 weeks of being hired and participate in weekly COVID testing until fully vaccinated OR provide documentation for an ADA or religious exemption and participate in weekly COVID testing.
JCFS Chicago offers an array of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Paid sick and vacation time, Agency holidays, Pension, 403(b), Flexible Spending Plans, and Life Insurance.
Please visit us at http://www.jcfs.org
JCFS Chicago is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, Licensed by DCFS
JCFS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran JCFS provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application