EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - REMOTE
SOCIAL WORKER (ILLINOIS AND MIDWEST)
Sharsheret, a fast-paced and growing national breast and ovarian cancer organization, seeks a full-time, remote Illinois-based (or mid-west) Social Worker to assist in the delivery of cancer support programs nationwide.
- MSW or similar degree required
- Experience working in a health care setting, non-profit or Jewish organization
- Passion for issues related to cancer and the Jewish community
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in very fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Speak one-on-one with and provide psychosocial support to women and families calling with breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and cancer genetics questions
- Assist with program development and facilitation
- Process telephone, e-mail, and online requests for information and financial subsidies
- Coordinate program-related projects and mailings
- Represent Sharsheret at local conferences and events
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No telephone calls please. Extensive benefits package and salary ($50,000-$70,000) commensurate with experience.
Sharsheret, Hebrew for chain, a national cancer organization with four offices (California, Florida, Illinois, and New Jersey), serves 150,000 women, families, health care professionals, community leaders, and students, in all 50 states. Sharsheret creates a safe community for women facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer and their families at every stage of life and at every stage of cancer - from before diagnosis, during treatment and into the survivorship years. While our expertise is focused on young women and Jewish families, more than 15% of those we serve are not Jewish. All Sharsheret programs serve all women and men.
As a premier organization for psychosocial support, Sharsheret is a member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Breast Cancer in Young Women, works closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and participates in psychosocial research studies and evaluations with major cancer centers, including Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. Sharsheret is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has earned a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator for eight consecutive years.
What We Do
One-on-One Support for women and their families touched by breast cancer and ovarian cancer (all free, confidential, and convenient) featuring
- Online 24/7 Live Chat
- Mental Health Professionals
- Genetic Counselor
- Peer Support
- Customized Beauty Kits
- Busy Boxes for Children
- Specialized Programming for Women Living with Metastatic Cancer
Education and Outreach for women, families, and community and medical professionals
- Healthcare Webinars
- College Campus Programming
- Community Educational Seminars
- Cultural Competency Trainings
- Comprehensive Resource Booklet Series
Community Action for women and men of all ages
- B'nai Mitzvah Projects
- Team Sharsheret Races and Walks
- Young Professionals Circle
- Teal and Pink Shabbat
- Local Volunteer Opportunities
For more information visit us online at www.sharsheret.org
Sharsheret provides equal employment opportunities to all candidates regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, creed, religion, political belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or age.