We are looking for a charismatic individual for our PJ Library Manager & Family Engagement Specialist position. If you are a self-motivated, outgoing and results-oriented professional excited to expand and grow programming for the wider Jewish community, this is a great position for you.
Do you enjoy building relationships? Are you committed to core Jewish values? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment? We are looking for an energetic and engaged candidate with a passion for childhood education and engagement to fill this position.
We have a mission to invest in the Jewish community locally, nationally, and in Israel and overseas to ensure a vibrant and strong community for the future. They are seeking to transform the way the Jewish community connects with one another, meaningful causes, and our world. To deliver on this, we provide quality experiences and opportunities that engage and inspire.
You will serve at the nexus of Jewish life, building and stewarding relationships with families and children 0-18 years, understanding how the organization might best serve them and executing high-quality efforts and initiatives that deepen their feeling of connection to one another and the Jewish community. Activities will often take place on Sundays, but you will have the ability to schedule your work day around your events and initiatives.
Family OUTREACH & DEVELOPMENT
- Serve as primary point of contact for families with children.
- Strategize, develop, and implement initiatives for children 0-18 years old, their parents, and grandparents.
- Build, cultivate, and sustain relationships with families and parent volunteers to steward Jewish community involvement and identify potential volunteers to support portfolio.
- Oversee the PJ Library (0-8 years) and PJ Our Way (9-11 years) programs.
- Manage PJ Library and PJ Our Way subscriptions, organization database, and control the PJ Library budget.
- Supervise part-time Ambassadors working to identify and engage other families raising Jewish children in their neighborhood through hyper-local programming.
PRETEENS & TEENS
- Identify, develop, and augment efforts to engage youth aged 12-18.
- Manage existing initiatives such as JServe, camp, and Israel teen grants, and create platform for volunteerism.
- Consistently maintain visible presence throughout community.
- Seek opportunities for collaboration through a Jewish lens with broader community organizations in public spaces.
- Set and evaluate clear short and long-term goals and objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Regularly track program participation and engagement touch points to monitor intended engagement outcomes.
- Develop a robust outreach and marketing plan for all initiatives and strengthen social media presence.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of organized Jewish community with a commitment to demonstrate, communicate, and represent those values to others.
- Creative and comfortable promoting ideas on social media.
- Be prepared to describe a project or experience that you would like to bring to their Jewish community.