Temple Beth-El, a Reform Congregation in Hillsborough, New Jersey is looking for an energetic, engaging, and capable song leader to join our community for the 2022-2023 school year.
Our ideal candidate is great with people of all ages, familiar with Reform Jewish worship and music, and plays the guitar. We hope to find someone whose personality shines through everything they do, who loves Jewish music and sharing Jewish music with others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead weekly t’fillah and song sessions in partnership with the Cantor and Director of Congregational Learning on Wednesday afternoons
- includes preparing PowerPoint slides for each session
- There is the potential to add a once a month Family Shabbat service
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to connect with children, from preschool age to high school, through singing
- Proficiency with guitar
- Knowledge of Reform Jewish liturgy, Shabbat & holiday services
- Familiarity with Reform camp repertoire
- Ability to learn new music quickly
- Strong communication skills
Hourly salary $40-60 per hour, based on experience.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 recordings (including YouTube/Vimeo videos) to [email protected]