Who We Are:
Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four friends began hosting Shabbat dinners in their home, Moishe House provides a space for over 70,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers each year. To date, there are more than 150 communities in over 40 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House is seeking a Base Strategic Operations Specialist to join our Base team, primarily providing budget, grants, donor relationship management, marketing, and program evaluation support to our Base Program Director and the Base department for Base National events and the local Base teams. This position reports to the Base Executive Director.
Base is the home of a Rabbinic family which serves as a home-base, a grounding point for young adults and their friends. While each Base reflects the personality of the Rabbinic couple and embodies their vision for a vibrant Jewish community, every Base is committed to pluralism and is founded upon three core values: hospitality, learning, and service.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) and historically marginalized groups, including, People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions!
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You believe in the Base model and the Moishe House mission, and are truly a team player, always glad to provide support in multiple areas and projects as needed
- You have a strong interest in supporting innovative approaches to building Jewish community
- You’ll play a key role in supporting our Base team, including:
- Serving as the Base liaison with Development Operations and Finance teams for budget management and forecasting, donor relationship alignment, and co-writing and editing grants and grant reports (50%)
- Partnering with the Moishe House marketing team for Base National marketing needs including visioning, ensuring Base insights are updated and shared with key stakeholders, sharing social media content with the team, and managing relationships with external partners
- Partnering with the Base Executive Director and Program Director to ensure successful execution of the annual program evaluation process, managing discrete projects and data systems, and providing logistical, programmatic, and administrative support as needed
- Lead the monthly tracking and reporting on progress towards Base’s KPIs/engagement targets
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Nonprofit Management, or another related field, or equivalent additional years of full-time relevant experience as a substitute for the degree.
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ full-time post-undergraduate professional experience in a similar role, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- You have intermediate-level or higher proficiency with Microsoft Office and other office management tools
- You are a highly skilled communicator (written and verbal), and a natural project manager and organizer, preparing agendas, ensuring metrics are recorded accurately and on time, and preparing documents and presentations
- You have proven ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively
- You have experience with effectively collaborating and working independently with a team spread across multiple geographic areas
- You have the ability to anticipate opportunities and challenges, adapt approaches as necessary, and successfully navigate shifting priorities while reallocating time and resources as necessary
- You have experience in managing budgets, writing grants and grant reports, and tracking relational engagement in a CRM; experience with Salesforce preferred
- You embrace and consistently demonstrate the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- You have eligibility to work in the United States without employer sponsorship
The Fine Print:
The Base Strategic Operations Specialist is a full-time, year-round position, and requires regular weekday office hours to complete job requirements. This position works in one of our U.S. Hub Offices (Charlotte, Chicago, Encinitas, New York City, or Washington, D.C.), and is supervised by the Base Executive Director.
Our team works a hybrid schedule at our Hub Offices, where employees can choose to work remotely 2 days per week and collaborate in-person with coworkers the rest of the week.
Moishe House requires “full vaccination” for all staff to travel, work in offices, and participate in any Moishe House group gatherings. We use the CDC’s definition of “full vaccination” as the standard, with variations based on country as needed.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Healthcare: Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Time off:15 days paid time off (used as needed for personal, vacation, and sick days) per year that increases with continued employment (additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees through the Talent Alliance) PLUS office closures and up to 7 floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- 401(k): up to 3% matching after one year of employment
- Flexible Spending Accountoptions
- Quarterly paid day of service to give back to your community
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms, and more through Plum Benefits
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunity to work in one of our U.S. Moishe House Hub Offices!
How Moishe House Pays You:
- Moishe House’s starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, location, and skillset required for each role
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Charlotte, NC: $56,000-60,000/year
- Chicago, IL: $56,000-$62,000/year
- Encinitas, CA, NYC or DC: $62,000-$66,000/year
- Annual merit-based salary increase
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- $750 USD annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through career path planning
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.