The Administrative Assistant/Office Manager role is to assistant the Executive Director, Programming and Communications. The Administrative Assistant/Office Manager reports to the Executive Director and Program Engagement/Communications Manager.
Responsibilities as Office Manager:
- Reviews stock of supplies and orders office supplies as needed
- Second level customer service questions, part of office membership greeting team
High Holy Day Support
- Helping members with online registration & customer service questions
- Take on High Holy Day preparation responsibilities as needed
- Provides new employees with HR Employee package and offerings
- Works with Executive Director on setting up employee Health Insurance
- Benefit Strategies Annual Contract (May-June)
- Healthcare Benefits (annual renewal)
- PTO tracking, filing of approved request forms, and posting to the Staff Resources (Outlook) Calendar
- Security Background Checks – online service, background checks new employees and runs checks every 3 years for current employees
- Member Support
- Step Ahead (Texting) updating of member mobile phone numbers
Secretarial Work for President
- Preparing list of major gift donations to be sent personal notes
- Preparing letters, annual meeting materials, etc. that the President would like distributed to the entire congregation
Responsibilities for Communications
Prepares and disseminates print materials (e.g. Shabbat Announcements, Membership Directory).
- Coordinates online program registration and StepAhead Emergency Texting Database.
- Coordinates the congregation’s Master Calendar. Fields requests for calendar updates, compiles all program details, and documents all resource needs for programs and meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Drive, and social media.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with synagogues combined website and relational database (ShulCloud, which has member email capabilities for blast emails, newsletters, online invitations with registration ability) and other programs.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented; adept at prioritizing and multi-tasking effectively.
- Management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player who thrives in a collegial environment.
Knowledge of and interest in Jewish culture preferred.