Sid Jacobson JCC is dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We provide a full range of innovative recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts and social services programs. We promote physical health through our cutting-edge health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups, as well as Jewish programming with our own staff rabbi. We broaden the horizons of our members of every age, from the youngest in infant and toddler day care to adult cultural programs to current events discussions for seniors. Sid Jacobson JCC also believes that everyone deserves to live a dignified existence, no matter what his or her condition. With this in mind, we offer programs for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other chronic conditions, as well as programming for children and teens living with special needs.
Position Summary: The Development Coordinator will support the Development team in all administrative functions, which may include but are not limited to: events, solicitations and day-to-day database maintenance. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for assisting team members with a focus on the Director of Development and the Special Events Development Associate.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a positive outlook, who is able to perform independently and as part of a cohesive Development team. This person will interface with fellow JCC staffers and members of lay leadership. The Development Coordinator must be articulate and comfortable with written, phone, and in-person communications.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in a timely manner
• Maintain the Raiser’s Edge donor database
• Maintain electronic and paper files as needed
• Coordinate all elements of mailings and other communications
• Assist with meeting administration i.e. preparation of materials, and recording of minutes
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience.
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
• Experienced in the Raiser’s Edge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work items
• Strong attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.
The Sid Jacobson JCC has a mandatory vaccine policy, a dedicated medical advisory committee, newly installed air filters and air purification systems, common surfaces/areas are sanitized regularly, and members and staff are required to follow CDC regulations.
How to apply:
Email resume along with cover letter with salary expectations to: Human Resources, [email protected]