The Fair Lawn Jewish Center/Congregation B’Nai Israel is seeking an experienced, creative individual to serve as our Executive Director. The synagogue is a welcoming egalitarian. Conservative congregation founded in 1950. It is located in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a managerial position in a non-profit organization preferred, although we will consider other candidates with strong management experience including experience in the for-profit world.
- Experience in budgetary development and management
- Computer skills including Microsoft applications, ShulCloud and Quickbooks
- Development and fundraising experience a plus
- Strong people skills and the ability to work with a diverse team of religious and lay leaders
- Ability to maintain accurate financial records
- Ability to manage the synagogue’s financial resources in accordance with the approved budget
- Work with the synagogue’s treasurer in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly reports for the leadership
- Supervise accounts receivable, accounts payable and approve payroll
- Act as a conduit to congregants with respect to financial matters such as payment of dues
- Work with lay leadership in the development of activities and revenue generating programs
- Attend meetings of the Executive Committee, Board of Directors and committee meetings as deemed necessary
- Assist congregants in the preparation of special events
- Oversee paid personnel
- Partner with Hebrew School Director, staff and congregational volunteers.
- Supervise synagogue communications including weekly announcements, monthly newsletters, email blasts, website, social media postings and local newspaper publicity
- Welcome and speak with potential congregants
- Oversee the maintenance of the building property and equipment
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Send Resume and Cover letter to [email protected]