Berman Hebrew Academy, in Rockville, MD, seeks a Co-Director of College Guidance for the 2022-2023 school year. The ideal candidate will have extensive guidance and/or college admissions experience of at least 3 years, and a passion for working collaboratively to support students and families along their college journey. Master’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of universities and colleges, admission policies, application procedures and timelines, and college admissions/standardized testing
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, public speaking, organizational, and management skills, with demonstrated experience in relationship building and networking
- The ability to work with students of varying abilities, handle concerns of parents, collaborate with teachers and administrators, and interact with admissions officers
- Familiarity with academic accommodations, pre-college and other summer programs, and financial aid
- Exemplary writing skills with prior experience writing/editing/evaluating letters of recommendation and college essays
- Strong technology skills and familiarity with Naviance
- Eagerness to collaborate and work with students, parents, teachers, counselors, and admissions officers
- An “all-in” mentality and team player
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] and include “Co-Director of College Guidance” in the subject line.
About Berman Hebrew Academy
Berman Hebrew Academy is an Orthodox Co-Educational Day School that provides a comprehensive Jewish and secular education in an atmosphere of reverence, good citizenship, and love of the Jewish people and Israel.
Adhering to standards of academic excellence and exemplary moral conduct, it prepares its graduates to become Halachically observant, well-educated Jews. It provides opportunities for each student to achieve the maximum of his or her potential, engaged with, and contributing to both the Jewish community and the society at large.