Kehillah is seeking a dynamic and motivated professional to support the school’s marketing and communications efforts. The individual should be an excellent writer, a discerning proofreader, and have experience in social media and graphic design. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is energetic, exceptionally organized, creative, and self-motivated.
Our community includes published authors, scientists, artists, photographers, comedians, activists, actors, renowned scholars, patent holders, and people who speak multiple languages, celebrate a slew of holidays/traditions, and embed themselves in the culture and diversity of Silicon Valley. If you want to join a community of passionate educators who empower students with the wisdom of Jewish values and strength to flourish in a rapidly changing world, we would love to meet you!
This is a 12-month, Part-Time (.50) position starting immediately. Full-Time can be considered for the right candidate.
Commitment to Diversity
We believe we best prepare our students to make the world a better place when we embrace diversity. Kehillah is committed to creating an environment where all members of our community truly value themselves and others, evoking a communal sense of belonging. We are committed to teaching students that the interconnectedness and value of all human beings also compel us to work collectively towards equity and social justice. Daily, we build a community that appreciates and celebrates differences as well as a society that empathetically confronts the ways individuals, institutions, and systems have oppressed others based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, disability, and other aspects of identity. By clearly understanding the past and the present of these dynamics, students will develop the capacity to help create a better future for all. We acknowledge that this work is ongoing and ever-evolving.
All of the duties and responsibilities outlined below are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Help develop marketing campaigns and collateral for various programs and departments including Admissions and Advancement, that align with Kehillah brand standards (i.e., promotional flyers, place ads both digital and print, execute program materials, etc.)
- Write web posts, social media posts, digital links, landing, and splash pages to assist in communications and marketing efforts; assure
- Manage and coordinate the calendar communications team to ensure the accurate transmission of the school calendar to external audiences.
- Add/remove/edit pages on the website (external and internal); oversee content submissions and production of the employee and parent portals.
- Work with the Director of Advancement to continuously improve the usability, design, and content of the School’s website.
- Coordinate and execute email campaigns and ensure uniformity of content/messaging.
- Create a warm but professional tone that presents our school culture with inclusive and appropriate language and images.
- Review and ensure the quality of marketing distribution lists.
- Analyze and report web metrics (email, website, and social media) and take corrective action when needed.
- Coordinate the production of video content for the website, YouTube, TikTok, or other current media.
- Coordinate and execute social media campaigns and ensure alignment with the overall strategic marketing goals; monitor and report on outreach.
- Manage social media presence and post valuable, shareable content regularly, ensuring that Kehillah is represented professionally and positively online.
- Manage vendor relations and budget for social media efforts and social media management tools.
- Coordinate as needed with the Parents’Association.
All faculty, staff, and students are required to be fully vaccinated and are required to be tested when deemed necessary by the School.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. Benefits include free lunch and a gym membership at the OFJCC.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong written, editorial, and oral communication skills and a demonstrated track record for collaboration, organization, and efficiency.
- Excellent writer and discerning proofreader.
- A nuanced understanding of social media best practices and a keen eye for developing trends.
- Thorough and precise work habits with strong attention to detail and a commitment to mission-driven organizations.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Design, Marketing/Communications, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing/digital communications.
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Some knowledge of HTML; WordPress preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working with email solution providers (e.g., Constant Contact)
- Familiarity with Asana and video editing skills a plus
- Live in the State of California and work on campus during the Employee’s regularly scheduled hours.
Please apply directly through our Careers page on our website: https://kehillah.org/
Kehillah Jewish High School is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Kehillah are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, ancestry, or any other status protected by Federal, State, or local laws or regulations. Kehillah will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics in the administration of its employment practices.