The Chief Development Officer (CDO) reports directly to the CEO and serves on the Senior Management Team. The CDO provides leadership and oversight of all resource development strategies and activities. Includes creating, planning, and managing successful initiatives in areas including major gifts, planned giving, grants, annual giving, special events, communications, and stewardship. Works with board, professional staff, and program staff to lead and direct significant major gift fundraising to secure philanthropic support for operating, capital, endowment, and other campaigns as well as articulated JCC projects and initiatives outside of but carefully aligned with the JCC's annual operations. Works with the senior management team (chief executive officer, chief operations officer, chief administrative officer) the development team and the board to lead multi-million-dollar, multi-year resource development strategies and monitor progress against goals.
- Provide overall direction and set priorities for the fundraising functions of the agency.
- Provide leadership in prospecting for new donors, further development of current donors, and aggressively soliciting gifts.
- Develop an annual development plan and budget.
- Setting fundraising goals and integrating development strategies into the overall mission of the JCC.
- Hire, train, supervise and lead the development team by providing ongoing feedback, actively coaching and mentoring, management of performance goals and identifying professional development opportunities.
- Research potential and current funders.
- Provide internal coordination of grant submissions.
- Participate in the writing of proposals, sponsorship packages, grants, etc.
- Establish strategies to approach corporate and private funders.
- Develop creative ways to "tell the JCC's story"
- In collaboration with the development team set annual giving goals and develop strategies for all phases of the individual giving program including solicitation and stewardship.
- Maintain accurate reports and dashboards.
- Partner in planning and implementing successful special events and ensure proper follow-up.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop key storytelling opportunities to enhance fundraising efforts.
- Lead staff of the development committee.
- Participate in Board meetings.
- Expand donor cultivation, recognition, and stewardship.
- Train the members of the Board to lead with their gifts and to exercise their roles as fundraisers, ambassadors, and cheerleaders for our Vision in all parts of the community.
- Bachelor's degree, masters preferred.
- Seven plus years of proven team leading and fundraising success in comparable institutions.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills, including the ability to engage donors and charismatically tell our story to the broader community.
- Ability to organize and prioritize campaigns, initiatives, and solicitation efforts.
- Proven ability to translate broad goals and strategies into specific activities and initiatives that increase contributed revenue.
- Experience and demonstrated success in building and managing teams.
- Located on the 32-acre Ina Levine Jewish Community Campus in North Scottsdale, the aesthetics and architecture of the building are unparalleled. We strive to provide an exceptional member experience in a friendly, well-maintained, state-of-the art facility.
- Cardiovascular equipment, strength training machines, functional trainers and a complete free-weight area line the perimeter of our 50,000 square foot fitness facility. The center of our fitness facility contains a flexible, sport court/indoor gym, which is an ideal space for basketball, volleyball and indoor soccer. In addition, five different group fitness studios provide space for classes like dance/exercise, cycling, Pilates, TRX and functional fitness. The campus also has outdoor fields to accommodate softball, soccer, football and other outdoor recreational activities.
- Well-appointed men's and women's locker rooms with Jacuzzi and steam room, a family changing room, and massage and spa rooms, complete the picture.
- The center's Olympic size pool is home to our youth swim team and offers up to eleven lanes for your daily lap routine. Individual and group swim lessons for all ages and water aerobic classes, as well as competitive swim skill-building instruction are the heart of the aquatics program. We also offer a gated-children's activity pool, splash pad and Sunday Funday poolside events, terrific for the whole family.
- The campus also features seven multi-use classrooms, a dedicated game room/teen lounge, arts and crafts room, teaching kitchen and state-of-the-art Early Childhood Center for infants through Pre-K, as well as an outdoor sports court/playground and amphitheater.
- As a kosher campus, the onsite Cafe Milk and Honey serves a dairy and non-meat menu featuring American, Italian, Mexican and Israeli cuisine and also offers kosher catering. The café. and catering service are under the supervision of the Greater Phoenix Va'ad Hakashruth.
- Ample, well-lighted parking is provided with special senior citizen parking added to our designated handicapped parking spaces.
- The Campus offers multi-purpose social hall rental for private, community and Jewish religious events.
- The Valley of the Sun Jewish Community Center (VOSJCC) offers a wide range of educational, cultural, social, fitness and recreational programs for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- The VOSJCC promotes active and healthy lifestyles by encouraging physical activity for all levels and age groups. We offer personal training, swimming programs and a multitude of group fitness classes for all ages as well as a wide variety of youth sports and adult leagues.
- Our Early Childhood Center provides a nurturing, play-based program with experienced, passionate teachers. Children learn about Jewish holidays, customs and values in a high-quality educational environment. Additionally, preschoolers have the advantage of participating in movement classes and swim lessons.
- The Center's Youth and Camping programs not only nurture your child's thirst for knowledge and adventure, but they also provide a fun and safe place to learn fundamental values that will serve them well throughout life.
- We engage the community through celebration, learning and shared experiences. Members have the opportunity to make the most of each day in a variety of ways, whether be by continuing their education, pursuing their fitness goals, taking a class, attending a lecture, or participating in a hobby. Our staff takes pride in creating innovative programs that enable all segments of the community to participate.
- The arts are an integral and enriching part of life at the VOSJCC and provide a memorable venue for communal events and celebrations. Music, dance, theater, lectures, and art classes are just some of the featured programs. Personal creative expression is encouraged through an array of cultural classes and programs throughout the year.
Full time benefit position;