Lehrman provides a dynamic general and Judaic curriculum within a pluralistic Jewish environment for students 18 months through grade 5, nurturing each child’s potential, social confidence and spirituality through engaging experiential opportunities.
Lehrman Community Day School is a pluralistic Jewish Day School located in Miami Beach, FL, just south of the Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor, and Surfside communities. Lehrman Community Day School was founded in 1960 by Rabbi Irving Lehrman and is the only pluralistic Jewish day school in Miami Beach. Our school is open to children from preschool through the fifth grade, committed to academic excellence and Jewish values in a caring and nurturing Jewish environment. Now in our second half century, Lehrman has educated generations of Jewish children; many of our current students are the children of alumni, an endorsement of the school and its dedicated and talented teachers.
We have an opening for an upper elementary school teacher. S/ he will be responsible for teaching a homeroom and math class, writing lesson plans, following our rigorous curriculum and delivering high quality instruction. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and a wonderful community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach all homeroom subjects (reading, writing workshop, grammar and social studies)
- Teach an ability grouped math class
- Be punctual and present during school hours
- Work collaboratively with teammates
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience as an elementary teacher, a bachelors or masters degree in education and demonstrate a commitment to Lehrman’s mission, values, and philosophy. In addition, he or she will have:
- Commitment to collaboration and a deep understanding of young children and appropriate educational pedagogy.
- An engaging way and the ability to capture the hearts and minds of young children.
- The ability and desire to connect meaningfully with parents and students from diverse backgrounds.
- A diverse skills set and the ability to bring in different activities and skills to make learning meaningful.
- A bachelors and/or masters degree in a related field.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, kindness, approachability, and a strong work ethic.
- Punctuality and the ability to be present in school during school hours.
- Desire for growth and constant self-improvement.
Interested candidates should contact: [email protected]