Want to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens in Baltimore? 4Front is a great place to work! 4Front is the Baltimore Jewish community’s comprehensive teen initiative. Based on four pillars, advocate, innovate, educate, and collaborate, 4Front serves as a gathering place and open channel for Baltimore’s Jewish teens and the adults who care about them. Here, teens are encouraged to explore their Judaism in ways that are meaningful to them. Our organizational culture values innovation, creativity, and risk taking. We're looking for someone who can think outside of the box with us. Because 4Front revolves around teens, our hours often reflect their schedules. This job requires the ability to work evenings and weekends.
SUMMARY: A creative team leader with a can-do attitude, the 4Front Assistant Director will serve to further 4Front’s vision for more engaged Jewish teens and adults who care about them throughout the Baltimore community. The Assistant Director will serve as an influential member of 4Front’s leadership team, as well as responsible for designing, developing, and implementing engaging and impactful programs for adults who care about teens, parents and youth professionals.
The Assistant Director will support and grow a team of rockstar Jewish teen professionals, offering teen program oversight, guidance, and support. 4Front utilizes relational engagement as a key strategy of connection and building community. An integral part of the Assistant Director’s portfolio will involve building meaningful relationships with youth professionals and parents of teens.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and grow a team of rockstar Jewish Teen Professionals
- Directly supervise Diller Teen Fellows Associate and Relational Engagement Associate
- Offer programmatic, curriculum, Judaic content support, and guidance for 4Front’s teen signature programs
- Oversee 4Front’s overall program recruitment strategies
- Budget management support
- Design, develop, and implement engaging and impactful adult programs
- Design and recruit for Parenting Unpacked and other parent engagement offerings
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate, and recruit for E3 Teen Professionals Network, adapting program to needs of the Youth Professional community
- Develop partnerships to enhance reach
- Build meaningful relationships with youth professionals and family
- Meet regularly with youth professionals in the community
- Develop a list of trusted parents in their network
- Participate in 4Front and JCC-wide trainings and staff meetings and special events such as Block Party and JCC retreats
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree
- 3-5+ years of experience with teens in informal educational setting (Jewish setting preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Basic budgetary and people management skills
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Familiarity with Jewish concepts and values, calendar, and practices
- Proven success developing personal connections with and mentoring teens
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute programs
- Works well in a team environment
- Proven success in a leadership position
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to spend time sitting and using a computer, laptop or phone. The employee may also be required to frequently be on their feet for periods of time.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment may be fast paced and requires high energy and interaction with others. The workspace may be noisy, at times.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required.
The JCC offers a full-benefits package including health, disability, retirement match, free JCC family membership and discounts for JCC programs, including the Early Childhood Learning Center.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, we celebrate the diversity of our staff and community and are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.