Lead Campus Professional
This job is primarily affiliated with our Emerging Campuses (Simon Fraser University, Emily Carr University, and Langara College).
Hillel B.C. is looking for a creative and engaging individual who will inspire students to be partners in creating a vibrant and welcoming Jewish community on Hillel BC’s Emerging Campuses. At its core, this position requires planning and coordinating programs with Jewish students and young adults from diverse backgrounds. The ideal candidate will feel energized by working with college students and be skillful in motivating, supporting, and inspiring them to create meaningful Jewish experiences for themselves and their peers.
What You’ll Do
As part of the programing staff, you will be:
- Developing one-on-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work, and/or study, utilizing creative methods to engage them in Jewish life
- Ensuring all aspects of programming responsibilities are functioning smoothly - from content to logistics
- Working closely with Jewish student clubs and facilitating program planning meetings with student leaders
- Lead and work together with other staff members to continue building Hillel BC’s online brand
- Mentoring students in their Jewish journey through individual meetings and group programs to cultivate a Jewish community that is caring, diverse, and welcoming
- Developing programs that enrich the lives of Jewish students as part of Hillel’s overall education strategy
- Establishing meaningful Israel cultural, educational, and advocacy programming
- Assisting Hillel BC programming staff at UBC and UVic as requested
What You Do Well
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Multi-task and troubleshoot effectively
- Have knowledge and experience with network management and social networking processes
- Energy, versatility, flexibility and maturity
- Build effective and meaningful relationships with staff, university students, and community members
- Enjoy community organizing, campaigning, and programming
- Maintain clear thinking and calm during times of crisis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 0-3 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Experience working with group of diverse backgrounds and ability to create one-on-one relationships in a professional manner
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across teams
- Experience working with social media platforms to engage a target audience
- A strong knowledge of Jewish history, holidays, customs and traditions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel throughout the province of British Columbia when required
- A driver’s license is highly recommended and preferred for this position
- This job is .6-1.0 FTE (flexible, and to be worked out per candidate during the interview process)
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $42,000 - $46,000 - commensurate with experience
- A benefits package including extended health insurance
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- This position is intended to start no later than mid July 2022
About Hillel BC
Hillel BC Society is the centre for Jewish life on campuses in British Columbia, and largest Jewish student organization in Western Canada, serving young adults aged 18-30. We have been operating on BC campuses since 1947 and provide young adults the opportunity to explore their religious identity and relationship to other faiths within a safe, pluralistic, and inclusive community. Our programs reflect the diverse interests and needs of our members build valuable leadership skills and help to create lasting friendships. Operating out of the Diamond Foundation Centre for Jewish Campus Life at the University of British Columbia, Hillel BC serves students throughout the province at Simon Fraser University, the University of Victoria, Langara College, Emily Carr University of Art and Design, and BCIT.
Vancouver is consistently named one of the most beautiful cities in the world! Its proximity to the mountains and the ocean gives easy access to a plethora of outdoor activities, delicious dining, and mild winters. It is also home to the third largest Jewish population in Canada so there is something for everyone here.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel BC is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.