For more than 40 years, San Diego Jewish Academy
(SDJA) has been a leader in preschool to 12th grade education. SDJA inspires and supports students with personalized and innovative learning while nurturing Jewish values. Students and graduates are leaders and positive changemakers in their local communities and all over the world. At SDJA, students receive personalized attention and engage in academics that challenge and inspire. With a mission to further Academic Excellence, Social Responsibility, and Active Jewish Living, SDJA aims to shape the foundation of our future thinkers, creators, and community leaders by blending modern education with greater purpose and meaning.
SDJA seeks an Assistant Director of Donor Engagement and Events to join the school’s advancement team. Reporting to the Director of Advancement (DoA), the Assistant Director of Donor Engagement and Events will oversee and implement the team’s donor engagement. The successful candidate will be an experienced annual fundraiser and event manager who is highly organized, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and understands fundraising tactics to engage and raise funds from multiple constituency groups. The SDJA team environment is highly collaborative and seeks a team member who enjoys partnering internally with colleagues, faculty and administrators, as well as externally with lay leaders, donors, parents, grandparents, and alumni to support SDJA’s growth.
Advancement Event Management
Oversee all donor event planning and logistics, event marketing and promotion, day-of coordination for Generations Day, donor stewardship and cultivation events, social/community engagement fundraisers, and alumni events
Alumni Engagement Program
Lead SDJA’s Alumni Board, oversee alumni engagement programming, the alumni newsletter, and work to cultivate alumni as donors.
Build lay leadership structure and committees to support advancement goals including recruitment and succession planning of lay leadership.
Constituent Group Outreach, Engagement and Stewardship
Work to build and deepen relationships with the school’s various constituency groups including: board members, grandparents, past presidents, alumni families, new families through the ambassador program, and community leaders.
Coordinate donor appreciation week activities, manage annual recognition and stewardship programs including gift delivery, and initiate personal touchpoints, stewardship meetings and solicitations for HOS and DoA.
Work with the PTO as the liaison to the advancement team
Coordinate all PTO led fundraising efforts throughout year and support the PTO in their donor outreach and assistance
Develop and overall cohesive school calendar to balance fundraising and community engagement activities throughout the year
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3-5 years of experience with event management, planning and leading successful fundraising events, donor engagement, fundraising communications
- Has experience leading group fundraising efforts and a deep understanding of working with and fundraising from various demographics and constituencies
- Experience working within a day school or education setting and with alumni is highly desirable
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Goal-oriented and proactive
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact well with a variety of people, handle time-sensitive and multiple tasks simultaneously, be self-motivated, and works well in a team environment
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge / NXT, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs is a plus
- Understanding of Jewish values and possess a passion for SDJA’s mission
- Success in recruiting and working with lay professionals to meet desired goals
Salary is competitive with market.
Equal Opportunity Statement
SDJA encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.