Education Administrative Assistant
Temple Beth El of South Orange County (TBESOC) seeks an Education Administrative Assistant who is an organized self-starter, who can work independently and collaborate with our education team of teachers and administrators. This person will be responsible for administrative support for both our Preschool and Religious School and Administrative Support for our B’nai Mitzvah Program.
- Manage the front desk including, but not limited to answering phones, directing calls, addressing parent questions
- Assisting with Preschool and Religious School administrative tasks
- Procure supplies and make copies for teachers in a timely manner
- Help maintain student files
- Maintain class lists and attendance
- Communicate with and manage scheduling for b’nei mitzvah families
- Assist with facilitating information sessions regarding the B’nai Mitzvah
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and outgoing personality
- Ability to handle personal and confidential information
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and provide information with clarity, diplomacy, and tact
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel); Shulcloud or other synagogue management software, Google Suites, desktop publishing tools, ability to learn and use other software programs and packages as necessary.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment—including computer, multi-feature telephone, photocopier
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to make frequent changes of position including sitting, standing, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and balancing.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Frequent use of upper extremities for reaching at arm’s length and overhead, pushing, lifting, anywhere between 5 to over 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in an environment that may frequently be noisy and crowded.
Package and Benefits:
Example: Salary $40,000-$45,000, commensurate with experience, with generous benefits package including full health, vision, and dental coverage.