Commonpoint Queens Central Queens in Forest Hills is looking for a Program Coordinator to provide administrative and program oversight for the JFEW Scholarship program for CUNY Hillel students. The JFEW Scholarship Program is a selective 3-year scholarship program for young women with financial need, offering students a 3-year scholarship, a paid summer internship, professional development opportunities and individual guidance. JFEW for CUNY Hillel is managed within the Commonpoint Queens Department of High School & College Success and is supported by Jewish Foundation for Education of Women in partnership with UJA-Federation of New York,
The position will be hybrid remote/in-person, and will involve on-site visits to CUNY Colleges.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit for annual cohorts by communicating with eligible students at CUNY campuses, conducting student and community outreach and collaborating with CUNY Hillels.
- Screen, interview and assess candidates to evaluate for financial and enrollment eligibility
- Implement strategies to market, publicize and promote the program; may develop promotional materials.
- Assist with developing, planning and leading professional development workshops for scholarship recipients
- Meet with students to provide support, track participation and promote continued success in the program
- Coordinate and track scholarship processing including collecting and evaluating financial information; preparing letters and check requests for biannual scholarship checks; verbal and written communication with students and financial aid offices
- Enter and update student data and meeting information; collect, track and organize student information/documents; draft routine correspondence
- Coordinate summer internship participation, placements and tracking
- May identify and develop appropriate internship placements for participants
- Maintain data and records to support grant reports and renewals
- Bachelor’s Degree required. 1-3 years experience preferred
- Experience working with college students preferred
- Experience providing individual and group career counseling services and/or scholarship programming
- Interest in career development or nonprofit work.
- Knowledge of financial aid process and guidelines preferred
- Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals.
- Excellent project management, strategic planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Should be willing to travel to multiple CUNY colleges (Baruch, Hunter, Queens, Brooklyn, College of Staten Island) and Central Queens Center.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office software packages; Google Drive; and efficient use of the Internet.
- Adept with Instagram, Facebook and other social media platforms.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and résumé, as a PDF document only, to [email protected]. Please indicate “JFEW Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
?Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.