Temple Etz Chaim is a vibrant, Conservative Jewish synagogue located in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Temple Etz Chaim is a growing and thriving congregation, serving those who seek an inclusive place inspired and guided by Jewish learning, wisdom, and values. Our dynamic community provides creative and engaging programs for all ages, Early Childhood Education, Religious School and Youth activities, and much more. Our High Holiday, weekly Shabbat and Minyan services are attended both in person and via livestream.
This is a multi-faceted position with potential for growth. Qualified candidates must be technically skilled, highly organized, detail-oriented, have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and interested in content development. Excellent computer skills (using Microsoft Office, Creative Suite, Canva, and more) as well as some experience with database software are a must. This position also supports office administration, daily operations, and special projects.
This position is for you if… you love technology, social media, and developing and producing content.
If you want to be part of a dynamic, dedicated, and supportive team that makes a difference in people’s daily lives while unleashing your own creativity and professional growth, we look forward to meeting you.
- Write lively, engaging content for weekly e-blasts, monthly newsletters, and other communications that promote educational, social, and religious events.
- Manage and update Temple Etz Chaim’s website ensuring information is accurate, current, and user friendly.
- Assist Executive Director with project implementation, including membership development, event logistics, infrastructure projects and day to day operations.
- Implement and monitor ad campaigns on social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Work closely with senior team to create and produce engaging digital content that promotes synagogue activities.
- Support Early Childhood Education, Religious School and Youth Departments’ communication.
- Interact with a wide variety of constituents in a flexible and compassionate way, including synagogue members, board of directors, and potential members.
- Provide support to office team as needed, especially during peak periods.
Position Requirements and Skills
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to transform factual data into engaging messaging.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and work with tight deadlines.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher).
- Experience creating graphics and design layout (through Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other programs).
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Natural curiosity in learning new software programs, processes, and systems, embracing a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Familiarity with synagogue database application ShulCloud a plus.
- Familiarity with Jewish lifecycle and an appreciation for the importance of a synagogue in a Jewish Community preferred, but not required.