Hillel International is seeking a talented and driven professional to fill the role of Digital Fundraising Senior Associate. This is an exciting position on a growing marketing team with an opportunity to make an immediate impact across the Hillel movement.
The ability to connect with prospective and current donors via digital and social media channels is greater than ever, and this professional will be at the forefront of that critical work. This person will plan, create, distribute, and assess the results of multichannel content for use in fundraising campaigns including Giving Tuesday, the end of the calendar year, the High Holidays, Hillel Global Giving Week and more.
Top candidates will have a strong background in digital marketing, fantastic writing and editing skills, and the ability to design beautiful email headers and social media content. They should also have a keen interest in assessing campaign results, A/B testing, and using data analysis to inform decision-making.
The Digital Fundraising Senior Associate will also be responsible for promoting in-person and virtual stakeholder events, including Hillel International’s annual Poker Tournament and Spring Celebration.
We are looking for the most qualified and exceptional candidate regardless of location—remote work welcomed. The ability to work occasionally in person at Hillel International headquarters at the Schusterman International Center in Washington D.C. or at the Hillel International offices in New York City is preferred. The salary range for this position is $48,000-$55,000.
What You’ll Bring to the Position
- 1-2 years of work experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or similar field
- Track record of producing engaging original content for digital media, including Instagram Stories, videos, GIFs, email headers, web content and more
- Experience in planning and executing digital fundraising campaigns, including Giving Tuesday, local giving days, and/or similar multichannel campaigns
- Superior writing skills, including mastery of grammar, style, syntax, and vocabulary
- Advanced knowledge of audience segmentation and how to best use the right to channel to reach the right audience at the right time, including donor and stakeholder audiences
- Familiarity using email marketing software such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or Pardot
- Comfort using a database or CRM to segment audience data to target marketing campaigns to specific audiences
- Experience using Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or similar programs to create captivating, original design work
- Strong organizational and planning skills; familiarity using project management software
- Experience in using and assessing data to help drive decisions
- Interest in or connection to Jewish life
These skills are not required, but would be a plus:
- Video shooting and/or editing experience
- A working knowledge of HTML5 or comparable programming language
- Experience creating Facebook Ads and executing peer-to-peer text message campaigns
What You Will Own
- Help plan, execute, and assess digital fundraising campaigns throughout the year, reaching and exceeding campaign-specific and overall annual revenue goals
- Create beautiful and effective multichannel content and marketing materials, including writing and design of emails, social media ads, landing pages, and video content
- Lead production of marketing materials for online and in-person donor stewardship events hosted by Hillel International to ensure attendance goals are met or exceeded
- Create content for fundraising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, email, Hillel’s website, text-to-give, and other digital/social media platforms
- Manage regular donor-facing stewardship communications, including monthly newsletter content
What You'll get out of the Position
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Opportunities for regular professional development and continuing education, including occasional (bi-annual) travel to industry conferences and events
Hillel International Marketing Team Values
- Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
- Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to drive decisions and support future outcomes
- Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
- Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
- Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village…
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for nearly 100 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our students come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our movement stronger. If you share our enthusiasm for sustaining Jewish life on college campuses, you will find a home at Hillel International.
Hillel International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.