Congregation Beth Shalom, a small, warm, friendly, and innovative Conservative congregation, is seeking a part-time Youth Engagement Professional. We are looking for a qualified applicant to develop fresh programming for our tweens and teens.
Details of the position:
- Organize and lead youth services in the Conservative Jewish Tradition
- Communicate with our members in the 11 to 18 age group with the goal of increasing their involvement in synagogue and Jewish activities
- Organize and implement activities for our tweens and teens
- Build relationships with tweens, teens, and their parents
- Experience working with tweens and teens
- Ability to organize and implement activities
- A strong reading knowledge of Hebrew with the ability to lead a youth service in the Conservative Jewish tradition
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in a Jewish camp, religious school, or related setting
- High School Diploma is required; bachelor’s degree or enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program preferred.
10 to 20 hours per week