The JCC seeks a dynamic individual to be a role model and lead our middle school and teen engagement programs for the Baltimore Jewish community. The Middle School and Teen Program Coordinator will implement existing programs and develop new programs for teens in 6th –12th grade while creating vital connections. This position will bring a passion for Jewish programming and summer camp, serving on our J Camps leadership team as the Director of the Middle School camp for 7th & 8th graders.
The JCC celebrates both being proudly Jewish and being an inclusive space for all. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds and actively strive to provide an open and welcoming setting, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs, or backgrounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, plan and implement the following teen programs: Middle School Leadership Council (MSLC), Teen Service Council, Jr. Maccabi, Middle School Recreation, and New initiatives.
o Program implementation includes but is not limited to developing program curriculum, planning, and facilitating workshops and meetings, coordinating program logistics, programmatic budget management, recruiting and selecting participants, and communicating with teen participants and parents.
• Recruit, plan, and direct TNT summer camp for teens entering 7th and 8th grade.
• Organize enrichment classes for teens in 6th – 12th grades.
• Coordinate and supervise Spring and Winter Break Programs for teens.
• Hire, onboard, train and supervise middle school and teen program staff.
• Work cooperatively with the 4Front team on recruitment and creating a pipeline between Middle school programming and 4Front – the Jewish community’s teen engagement platform.
• Work cooperatively with the Marketing Department to develop publicity for programs.
• Work cooperatively with other staff in developing interdepartmental programming.
• Participate in departmental and agency training staff meetings, supervisory conferences, committees, J Camps meetings and special events. Represents the JCC on appropriate committees and at interagency and professional conferences. This position will also participate in the Community 4Front E3 – Jewish Youth professional Development program.
• This full-time position requires the professional to work Sunday through Thursday and some evenings (Including occasional Saturday night). During the summer this position will transition to Monday through Friday. However, flexibility is necessary when supervising Teen Programming.
• The Middle School and Teen Program Coordinator will create an equitable and inclusive environment by performing their duties with empathetic understanding towards every participant, regardless of their gender, sexuality, race, ability, or identity.
• Maintain and enforce agency policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as required or directed.
• Experience recruiting and engaging middle school and teenagers.
• Demonstrated program development, implementation and creativity.
• Bachelor’s degree and experience working with teens and attending Jewish summer camp preferred.
• Familiarity with Jewish concepts and values, calendar, and practices
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, social media, and writing skills.
• Innovative and creative in developing new programming.
• A sense of empathy towards the developmental, social, and emotional needs of teens.
• Experience working cooperatively with parents, lay leaders and other agency professionals.
• Demonstrated customer service and public relations skills.
• Enthusiastic team player who can collaborate with a range of community resources and stakeholders.
• Demonstrated willingness to learn and expand job-related knowledge.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. During the summer, the employee will be required to work outside.
The employee must occasionally list and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.