Who We Are:
Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four friends began hosting Shabbat dinners in their home, Moishe House provides a space for over 70,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers each year. To date, there are more than 150 communities in over 40 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House seeks a VP of Global Marketing and Communications to lead the team in sharing the inspiring ways Jewish young adults are creating community for their peers and how this stage of life is being redefined as one of the most exciting times in Jewish life. This senior leadership position plays a pivotal role in enhancing Moishe House’s market position and visibility as the leading organization engaging young adults in Jewish life through a suite of growing programs and offerings. Target audiences include the current and future young adult population (including existing participants and those we are not yet reaching) and the larger Jewish community, with a direct line to growing development/fundraising outcomes and partnerships.
In this unique moment of expansion, this position also has the opportunity to revolutionize the Moishe House brand and will create a strategic marketing and communications vision to support aggressive and expansive organizational growth plans. The VP of Global Marketing & Communications reports to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), oversees a growing team, and works a hybrid schedule at one of our U.S. Hub Offices: Chicago, NYC, Washington D.C., Charlotte, or Encinitas, CA.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) and historically marginalized groups, including, People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions!
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, Israel, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You’ll develop, lead, and implement a strategic vision for global communications and marketing efforts across all platforms (digital, social, traditional collateral, and publicity) and fully weave these efforts into the fabric of the organization.
- You’ll coach, challenge, and inspire a high performing and growing team of marketing and communication professionals and consultants who collaborate and support each other and the organization at large, including:
- Assessing capacity and identifying and hiring new team members as the organization continues to reach strategic growth priorities
- Maintaining and growing cross-functional team leadership responsibilities with members of the full organizational team
- Responsibility for strategic, operational and fiscal management of the marketing and communications department and related work
- You’ll create and oversee production of print materials, digital, media outreach, newsletters, donor communications, social media, special event collateral, and other content with a keen eye to brand and voice, creating a consistent and high-quality user experience.
- You’ll partner with the CAO to provide oversight for a comprehensive branding and segmentation study (being performed by an external firm) and will interpret the market research and data to better understand audiences, make decisions, and develop a long-term marketing strategy executed in the annual plan
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, or another related field.
- You have 10+ years of full-time post-graduate experience with demonstrated success in marketing and/or communications roles in multi-location corporate, nonprofit or agency environments with progressive levels of responsibility, including a minimum 5 years of leadership and direct management/supervisory experience, including performance management and building and managing successful teams led by clear vision and goals.
- You’re strategic, results-driven, and entrepreneurial, and have a track record of being able to quickly synthesize, categorize and prioritize information, data, multiple agendas, and competing needs with a keen ability to clearly discern the urgent from the routine, and needs from desires.
- You understand key marketing performance metrics and have the ability to use tracking tools to provide research, forecast, competitive analyses, campaign results and user trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the marketing team.
- You have flawless written and oral communication skills, and bring significant experience in crafting and editing clear, compelling and consistent communications, while building consensus and driving internal alignment. You know from experience how ideas flow in society, which communications channels reach which audiences, how media and information environments are structured and evolving, and how to make messages carry in ways that matter.
- You have expertise in recognizing and engaging target vertical audiences while maintaining brand messaging and a unified voice.
- You have demonstrated experience partnering with C-level executives in managing comprehensive strategic communications and alignment, and have demonstrated success as an effective leader and collaborator who is able and willing to make hard decisions.
- You have proficiency with HTML, content management systems and design software.
- You understand and believe in our mission and the larger Jewish community; you’re a leader, a story-teller, a communicator, a visionary, and a collaborator. You understand the nuances of introducing Moishe House to people for the first time as well as keeping existing participants/alumni and partners abreast of why the organization remains relevant and dynamic.
- You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- You have eligibility to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The Fine Print:
The VP, Global Marketing and Communications position is full-time and based in any of our U.S. Hub Offices: Chicago, IL, Washington D.C., NYC, Charlotte, NC, or Encinitas, CA. Our team works a hybrid schedule at our Hub Offices, where employees can choose to work remotely 2 days per week and collaborate in-person with coworkers three days per week.
Moishe House requires “full vaccination” for all staff to travel, work in offices, and participate in any Moishe House group gatherings. We use the CDC’s definition of “full vaccination” as the standard, with variations based on country as needed.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Flexible Spending Account options
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year that increases with continued employment; additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees through the Talent Alliance
- Office closures and floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- 401(k) participation, with up to 3% matching after one year of employment
- Quarterly paid day of service
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms and more through Plum Benefits
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunity to work in one of our U.S. Hub offices
How Moishe House Pays You:
Moishe House’s starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, location, and match to the skillset required for each role.
- The starting salary for this position is $120k+ based on your chosen Hub location and experience. If your salary expectations are different and you have more experience than required, let’s talk!
- Annual merit based salary increase
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- Annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
- Paid work travel with perks including travel allowance, fitness classes, and accommodations
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
- Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.