Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest will celebrate its 100th year in December 2023. In recognition of this milestone event, a series of community celebrations are being planned that will pay tribute to the past, acknowledge the present and plant seeds for the future. We are currently seeking a director who will drive the process that will develop and execute these events. The Director will report to the Federation’s Chief Community Engagement Officer and will be a member of a multitude of cross-functional organizational teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work alongside the Centennial Chair and Community Engagement Vice Chairs to develop and execute a framework and calendar for large-scale community events as well as smaller programs and initiatives embedded within Federation, partner agencies and synagogues.
• Upon the development of the calendar, work in partnership with the internal Federation departments to implement various initiatives.
• Alongside Centennial and Federation-function area lay leadership, develop a strategy for recruitment and community outreach as well as measurable goals and outcome.
• Manage the budgets for all the local events.
• Outreach to and develop relationships with agency and synagogue representatives to collaborate on Centennial event initiatives.
• Serve as the lead professional on all the event coordination and execution.
• Coordinate with the Centennial Communications team on marketing and messaging.
REQUIREMENT SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of five years of experience in event planning, non-profit event planning experience is a plus.
• Highly organized and detail oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize and navigate complex organizations.
• Relationship building and consensus building skills are necessary.
• Driven and determined leader who creates momentum and positive energy.
• Mirror the Federation’s values integrity, collaboration, passion, resourcefulness, and accountability.
• Experience working with strategic plans and goal setting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media
• Must possess strong written and oral communications skills
• Familiarity with and understanding of the Greater MetroWest community
• Work some evenings and weekends