Communications & Marketing Coordinator
The Temple, Atlanta GA
Background: The Hebrew Benevolent Congregation of Atlanta (“The Temple”) is Atlanta’s largest and oldest Jewish synagogue, which recently celebrated its 155th anniversary and unveiled a new state-of-the-art video production system. It is among the largest Reform Jewish congregations in North America, with 1600+ households. The Temple has always been a leader in the Reform Jewish movement. The Temple is looking for an experienced professional to coordinate and create innovative digital and traditional printed content internally and for the Greater Atlanta and Jewish communities, externally.
Position Summary: The Communications & Marketing Coordinator is an integral member of the Engagement team and will develop and coordinate digital and print content, social media and marketing to support traditional and virtual engagement in synagogue life, worship, programming, on- and off-site small groups, community partnerships, and social justice. The Coordinator is a full-time, hands-on position at The Temple and will report directly to the Engagement Director.
- Minimum of BA or equivalent degree and at least three years’ work experience in communications / marketing / media / public relations
- Strong writing, editing and digital content creation skills
- Excellent organization, time management and detail-oriented
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively, learn quickly and take initiative
- Expertise in social and mass media efforts, including but not limited to Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, website, and other platforms
- Experience in website content management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and video conferencing and collaboration platforms
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, tradition and practice
- Experience and comfort with ShulCloud, InDesign, Canva and Vimeo
- Manage and produce digital and print content that communicates effectively with the current and prospective membership and the greater Atlanta and Jewish communities. This includes a weekly email newsletter, printed programs, website, external calendar of events, a monthly Bulletin magazine, announcements, signage, invitations, videos, social media, live streaming, targeted emails, and more.
- Collaborate on and carry out a content calendar to specify when various mailings, emails, and digital postings should be distributed, recognizing demographic groups may respond differently to various approaches.
- Maintain and elevate The Temple’s digital presence, including the web and social media, and make recorded worship and virtual engagement experiences accessible to internal and external audiences.
- Communicate and coordinate projects from design to distribution between contracted vendors (i.e., graphic designer, website developers and printers) and clergy and staff.
- Execute local and mass media / public relations vision and strategy.
- Promote programs to enhance the public perception and awareness of The Temple, generate new interest, serve involved members, and nurture donors through a consistent voice and tone.
- Create and/or review appropriate collateral materials for the various types of programming and holidays, including booklets, brochures and promotional videos.
- Support communications by constituency groups, such as Breman Education Center (BEC), the Rothschild Social Justice Institute (RSJI), etc.
- Salary range, commensurate with experience: $40K to $50K
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D and LTD insurance
- Pension plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
The Temple c/o Kelli Harran, 1589 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
Or email: [email protected]