Title: Northeastern States Associate Director
Reports to: Northeastern States Director
Location: Northeastern US, New York Metro Area strongly preferred
The Community Security Service (CSS) is the leading organization for training American Jewish volunteers to protect their communities. At CSS, our mission is simple: Protect Jewish Life and Jewish Way of Life. Through our tiered programs and training, volunteers learn to identify threats and proactively safeguard their synagogues, institutions, and events. We have trained over 5,000 volunteers across denominations and regions in the United States on situational awareness and operational security.
CSS is seeking to hire a Northeastern States Associate Director. This full-time role will be a key partner in implementing CSS’ northeastern states expansion strategy. The Associate Director will have a familiarity with Jewish institutions and synagogues across the region, and will be proactive at building and maintaining relationships. We are looking for an individual who shares a passion for CSS’ mission, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Build and cultivate relationships with synagogues and Jewish institutions throughout the northeastern United States
- Collaborate with partner organizations, as well as federal, state and local law enforcement
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize CSS’ programmatic implementation
- Experience building connections with community groups
- Strong familiarity with the region’s Jewish institutions and synagogues
- Ability to succinctly explain organizational programming
- Ability to be proactive with minimal supervision
- Strong familiarity with Google suite software
- Interest in volunteer security
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality
Must live in the northeast United States, with a preference for the New York Metro area, and be eligible to work in the US. This position is currently work from home, and should be available for occasional evenings and weekends. Some travel as needed, less than 10%.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected], with Northeastern States Associate Director as the subject of the email. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.