Beth TFiloh Day Camps (BT), in Reisterstown, Maryland, is searching for a full-time, year-round Program Director. Please see our website at www.btcamps.org for more details. If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Sam Bloom, Director, at [email protected] Resumes accepted until position is filled, expected start date asap.
The primary purpose of the Program Director (PD) is to provide leadership, direction, and management of camp’s programming and activities. The P.D. will work with the Senior Staff in the overall management and leadership of BT Camps and will ensure that Camp’s programs reflect Camp’s goal to make BT a "great camp for kids to grow."
Desired characteristics include being creative, flexible, and a team-player. Candidate must have a desire to interact with children, staff, and parents.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate is/has
-Bachelor’s level degree.
-Excellent computer, verbal, and written communication skills.
-Public speaking experience a plus.
-Jewish Education experience and Song Leading skills (guitar, piano, singing) a plus.
-Evidence of leadership skills (with management experience preferred).
-Strong background in logistics & operations.
-Desire and ability to work with children and adults in a camp setting.
-Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
-A self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
-Management skills, including ability to lead, motivate, & counsel staff to maximize their skills.
-A team player and recognizes the importance of group success.
-Comfortable managing and working alongside others who have different work styles.
-Comfortable working with children, youth, and teens, all with different learning styles.
-Ability to lead small and large groups.
• Program direction and leadership for all camp programming and activities.
• Collaborate with camp staff, including Jewish Educator, Unit Heads and Department Heads, to support them in meeting camp-wide scheduling and programmatic goals.
• Create all summer schedules.
• Evaluate and improve existing programs and develop new programs and activities.
• Purchasing of materials, supplies and equipment.
• Ensuring clean, orderly, and safe activity areas by developing, explaining, and enforcing instructions for all staff on the use of program supplies.
• Advise program staff in creation of supplies, inventory, ordering materials, opening of activity areas during pre-camp and end-of-summer clean up and shut down.
• Recruit, interview, train, coordinate, evaluate, and support staff.
• Teach and model proper behavior to Tzevet (staff)
• Be a positive presence and an advocate for camp wide policy and promote staff culture.
• Assist in summer staff orientation and training schedule and implementation.
• Work with Director to develop & implement marketing strategies to fill camper spots.
• Manage clothing, gear, merchandise, and giveaways – purchasing, sales, and inventory.
• Support office procedures & operations.
• Attend professional training seminars/conferences as needed or required.
• September 1 – March 31 (25 - 35 hours per week)
• April 1 – August 30 (30 – 60 hours per week)
• Willing to take on additional responsibilities when required.
REPORTS TO: The P.D. is a member of the full-time staff and management team and reports to the Camp Director.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Sam Bloom, Director, at [email protected].
SALARY: $42,000.00 - $52,000.00