George Washington University seeks a detail-oriented person with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to support growing initiatives in Jewish education in GW’s Graduate School of Education and Human Development.
The Program Manager will report to the Managing Director of CASJE, and provide operational support jointly to CASJE (https://www.casje.org/) and the Mayberg Center (https://gsehd.gwu.edu/mayberg-center-for-jewish-education-and-leadership).
Essential Responsibilities Include:
• Ensure operational activities remain on time and within defined budget.
• Grow the efficiency of existing processes and procedures to enhance internal capacity.
• Support grants and research management, including agreements, timelines, budgets, reporting and communications, for research studies and other programs.
• Participate as a thought partner in program development and planning for a growing initiative.
• Provide logistical support for in-person and online programs including managing invitations, attendee lists, contracts and relationships with catering, hotel and other vendors, Zoom interface and minutes.
• Coordinate communications across GW programs and with external partners, including via the website (using Drupal for basic updates, will provide training), social media and email contact lists.
• Proofread and format documents, invitations and flyers.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning other duties logically related to the position.
• Strong project management skills with experience managing complex, multifaceted projects.
• Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
• Experience working with grant funded projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
This is a full-time, hybrid position with one day a week in the office.
Salary is $70,000 - $80,000 in addition to a comprehensive benefits package which includes health benefits, retirement savings programs, tuition remission and exchange, and access to GWell.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
CASJE (Collaborative for Applied Studies in Jewish Education) is an evolving community of researchers, practitioners, and philanthropic leaders dedicated to improving the quality of knowledge that can be used to guide the work of Jewish Education. CASJE is housed at George Washington University in the Graduate School of Education and Human Development (GSEHD). Our core operations are supported by generous grants from the Jim Joseph Foundation and Crown Family Philanthropies.
The Mayberg Center is dedicated to advancing community-based scholarship in the field of leadership and professional development for the Jewish community and beyond. Housed at GSEHD, the Center is a vibrant laboratory for teaching, learning, and educational engagement. We are committed to cultivating a diverse intellectual community that bridges the work of academics and practitioners for critical conversations about the way leadership, sourced in Judaism and other wisdom communities, has the power to transform individuals and organizations, nationally and globally.