(REMOTE WORK NOT AVAILABLE- Local Candidates Only Please)
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Reports To: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Social Media Specialist engages with targeted virtual communities and social media network users and is responsible for strategic content development and social media management for the Michael-Ann Russell JCC.
The ideal candidate in this role will understand how each social media channel functions and how to optimize content for engagement on each platform. This position’s duties include the conception, development, and implementation of social media content across multiple social media channels. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in social media marketing, reporting on key performance metrics for social campaigns, including paid, earned, and owned media.
• Define and execute social media strategy through messaging and audience identification.
• Develop strategic content for all programs and services offered at the Michael-Ann Russell JCC.
• Monitor and respond to community and user posts and feedback on a timely basis and escalate issues to the Director of Marketing.
• Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content–copy, images, and video–encouraging engagement and growth.
• Develop and expand community and manage influencer outreach.
• Maintain the annual calendar with editorial content, recognitions, holidays, celebrations, and special events for all MARJCC departments and programs.
• Ensure MARJCC brand voice is consistent across all social media channels.
• Maintain website content linked to or referenced in social media by ensuring tags and descriptions are optimized and content is accurate, relevant, fresh, and timely.
Ability to support day to day functions of the Marketing department
Assist the Marketing Director in completing all the department’s objectives