Jewish Federation of Howard County
Social Services Program Manager
As the major instrument of Jewish philanthropy and engagement in Howard County, the Jewish Federation of Howard County builds and strengthens community by caring for, supporting, and enriching Jewish life in Howard County. With our Social Support Services programs specifically, our goal is to help people in our community lead lives of dignity, meaning, and purpose.
The Social Service Program Manager is a full-time position and reports directly to the Executive Director. Flexible work structure, as arranged with supervisor.
Who You Are (Job Qualifications):
- A Social Worker licensed in MD who is skilled at helping individuals and families navigate difficult financial and psychosocial situations
- An effective communicator who is adept at collecting and reporting metrics to demonstrate the impact of the services they provide and programs they facilitate
- A community builder who has experience working with older adults and program development
- A team player who can work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, volunteers, clergy, and other community members
- A professional with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the social services field
- A professional who is comfortable using basic computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom) and has previously used digital documentation programs for client records
- A person with knowledge of Jewish culture, values, and customs, and familiarity with the Howard County Jewish community
- A person committed to helping the Jewish community of Howard County address the Social Support Service needs of its population as efficiently as possible
What You’ll Do (Job Responsibilities):
- Conduct comprehensive intake assessments to assist in identifying client needs and appropriate referral resources including county resources, state/federal resources, and other Jewish communal resources
- Research and identify providers of social support services in Howard County, the state of Maryland, or other locations for the purpose of referring clients to these services
- Refer clients to appropriate community medical, emotional, economic, and social support organizations and advocate for them to obtain needed services
- Monitor a dedicated hotline that those seeking support and direction call when they seek emergency assistance
- Vet individuals to assure that requests for emergency financial assistance are justified and based on demonstrable needs
- Work sensitively with those in need and provide them with care and support through their times of emotional/situational need and/or financial emergency
- Build relationships with a network of clergy, volunteers, and community members to help proactively identify and reach out to at-risk individuals who could benefit from social support services
- Maintain accurate electronic intake and documentation of service provision in accordance with HIPAA laws and Maryland SW license, and provide regular reports of number of clients served, referrals made, and financial assistance provided
- Coordinate the efforts of JFHC’s Volunteer Corps (FedTovConnections) in conjunction with the program co-facilitators and pool of volunteers to carry out its mission and goals
- Leverage the assistance of partner organizations, volunteer professionals, student interns, and existing local agencies to efficiently implement support groups and other educational programs
- Coordinate and plan support groups and other educational programs through a Jewish lens for various demographics and issues
- Work with other Federation staff to integrate the work of the Social Support Service programs with the rest of the organization’s programs and initiatives
- Be the lead staff for appropriate committees (reporting to the Executive Director)
- Other Duties as assigned by the Executive Director
What you’ll receive:
- A great team of committed professionals and lay people who are planning for an exciting future in this community of 20,000 plus Jews in a county of 335,000 people, and a highly regarded public school system
- A chance to make a tremendous impact on the lives of individuals and families in the community
- An opportunity to work in a racially and ethnically diverse community that is consistently ranked among the top places to live in the country
- Access to both the D.C. and Baltimore areas as well as the Chesapeake Bay
PLEASE NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within The Associated system as of November 15, 2021.
Salary range is approximately $48,000-$55,000. Salary will be based on qualifications and skills.
While no single candidate is likely to have all these qualifications, we encourage all interested applicants to provide us with their resumes and statements of what they will bring to this enterprise. To learn more about JFHC and our mission, visit https://www.jewishhowardcounty.org. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.