Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming, inspiring and saving lives in the Palm Beaches and 70 countries around the world. Each year, Jewish Federation inspires thousands of community members to contribute, volunteer and participate in programs that generate more than $30 million to leading a powerful impact in the community.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County seeks a dynamic, articulate, and well-organized individual to work within Women's Philanthropy and the general Campaign. The Development Officer's primary role is to cultivate relationships and solicit donations to advance Federation’s mission. The Development Officer will provide excellent customer service and serve as a key leadership role on the Women's Philanthropy development team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements fundraising plans and solicitation activities to achieve goals for increasing dollars and donors in specific donor categories and constituent groups.
- Collaborates with professional and lay partners on initiatives to encourage current and prospective donors to make gift increases and new commitments, inspired by a robust donor recognition program.
- Participates in all Women’s Philanthropy Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings including collaborating with the VP, Women’s Philanthropy on reports needed to inform and support lay leadership.
- Staffs and manages select lay committees and Working Groups as part of the Women’s Board of Directors.
Federation’s Annual Campaign
- Similar to the above, creates strategies and manages solicitation activities for an assigned portfolio of current and prospective donors on Palm Beach Island and in three to four gated communities. Activities include, but are not limited to, solicitation assignments and management, prospect research and engagement, leadership development, event recruitment and legacy conversations.
Jewish Community Foundation
- Achieves specific goals for legacy conversations with donors in your portfolio, making the case that a bequest, endowment or other form of perpetual gift is accessible to donors at all giving levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in fundraising or equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and skills required.
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom and basic database skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop excellent relationships with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the local, Jewish community preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use fundraising databases, excel, word processing and other basic programs.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to promote the mission of the Federation.
- Ability to work under high pressure and very busy situations, handle many projects simultaneously, meet timelines and budget.
- Ability to work in partnership with other Federation departments and ensure collaboration of all involved.
- Self-starter who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently as well as with senior leaders, volunteers, and other members of the team.
- Comfortable with donor solicitation.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment and adapting to rapidly changing priorities and needs.
- Must be able to pass Level 1 background check.
- Must maintain valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must be able to work off-shift hours including nights and weekends, as needed.
Position is eligible to work from home occasionally in accordance with Federation policies. When working from home, employee must:
- Follow all Federation policies and procedures,
- Be available to other employees during Federation’s normal business hours,
- Not work from a public place (e.g., coffee shop, library, etc.) and/or join a public, unsecure wi-fi network when working with sensitive or confidential information,
- Coordinate with IT department to maintain appropriate computer equipment and connectivity.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time at the Federation’s discretion. Employment is at-will, and this job description is not an employment contract and nothing herein shall be deemed to create in any way whatsoever an employment contract.
To apply online, please visit our career’s page. Or email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
NO CALLS, PLEASE.
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County embraces a culture of diversity and inclusivity in accordance with our Jewish values. We celebrate the uniqueness of our community members, lay partners, and staff as varied perspectives enrich our learning and reinforce our commitment to making the world a better place. We aim to create an accessible environment that accommodates individual needs and welcomes the full participation of our community.