Congregation Beth El Events & Catering Manager
Congregation Beth El is a Conservative synagogue whose mission is to create a home for every soul by offering a variety of Jewish experiences to nourish the mind, heart, and spirit, while being a caring Jewish community.
We seek an events and catering manager to oversee and coordinate all catering, celebrations, and communal events held at Congregation Beth El. The events and catering manager will supervise the use of our kosher kitchen and equipment by synagogue staff and approved caterers. The manager will help plan and coordinate food services for synagogue programs, meetings, and activities including communal Sabbath and holiday meals and food services following worship services. The manager will meet with and assist individuals and families celebrating life cycle events with their food and catering needs.
As a member of the congregation’s administrative team, the catering and kitchen manager oversees kitchen and food orders and purchasing. The manager performs administrative tasks which may include registration, budgeting, and coordinating vendors. The manager supports or makes arrangements for décor, flowers, photography, and other event or party planning.
The Catering and Kitchen Manager will be supervised by the Director of Administration and work collaboratively with the congregation’s clergy, education and program staffs, and lay leaders.
The successful candidate is a personable and experienced team player who is interested in supporting our vibrant, welcoming, and growing congregation.
- Bachelor’s degree (hospitality or culinary management) from an accredited college or university; or relevant experience in food services
- Work with third-party vendors
- Self-starter; able to work independently
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Appropriate computer skills for administrative functions
- Positive attitude, approachable, functions with clarity, transparency, and integrity.
- Able to build and sustain relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Flexible availability including weekends and evenings.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Open, innovative, and calm demeanor in quick decision-making moments.
- Must enjoy working with people and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Familiar with Jewish dietary, ritual, holiday and life-cycle traditions.
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience
Position is part-time, non-exempt, and reports to the Director of Administration.
Please email cover letter, resume, and requested salary to:
Michael Weiner, President at [email protected]