MARKETING & FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
Builders of Jewish Education (BJE)
BJE seeks a hands-on professional to join our team charged with the strategy, planning and execution of BJE’s fundraising and visibility initiatives. The BJE Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator reports to the BJE Director, Donor & Community Relations. Their day-to-day responsibilities include social media communications, event support, cultivating and stewarding donors, and data input and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually serve BJE’s annual communications and visibility goals:
- Create, implement, monitor and track BJE’s strategic social media efforts.
- Capture, articulate and leverage BJE’s ongoing “stories” to amplify its visibility and drive awareness and engagement.
- Actively help procure and capture relevant and powerful photographs required to communicate BJE’s impact and to advance its visibility and goals across all media.
- Track, measure and report on donors, gifts and campaigns:
- Use Donor Perfect and Google analytics to accurately report on the progress and effectiveness of marketing and fundraising campaigns, as well as prospects, gifts and tracking.
- Actively cultivate, steward and advance BJE relationships with its current and prospective donors:
- Create, organize and implement fundraising and leadership-development strategies and tactics to grow, retain and recoup donors and meet annual fundraising goals focused on select donors.
- Advance and manage relationships with select BJE donors through regular communication, including telephone, mail, and in-person outreach, ongoing thank you letters and calls, mail, and media campaigns; face to face solicitations and other recognition/stewardship as deemed appropriate.
- Research corporate and foundation grant funding opportunities and develop proposals as appropriate.
- Create and implement strategic events to advance fundraising, donor recognition and BJE visibility:
- Be a key member of the BJE annual gala implementation team.
- Manage phone drive/sessions.
- Manage or staff other donor recognition or visibility events as deemed appropriate.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of BJE’s mission, programs and services.
- May be assigned other duties related to job responsibilities.
A bachelor’s degree, strong interpersonal skills, outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite are required. A minimum of 3 years marketing and/or fundraising or other relevant experience is preferred. Must be a collaborative team player who is organized, analytical, and a flexible problem solver. Experience using Donor Perfect (or other donor databases) and professional social media expertise (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and Google Analytics are strongly preferred. Knowledge of Judaism, Jewish education and the L.A. Jewish community preferred. References are required. Documentation of Covid-19 vaccination is required of all employees.
Prolonged periods of sitting at desk and repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and fingers while working on a computer; Close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, extensive reading and viewing computer terminal. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive: exposure to a variety of childhood and adult diseases and illnesses; occasional exposure to a variety of weather conditions; exposure to heated/air conditioned and ventilated facilities and exposure to a building in which a variety of chemical substances are used for cleaning, instruction, and/or operation of equipment; function in a workplace that is usually moderately quiet but that can be noisy at times.
Location and Travel
This full-time position is not remote and may require working in-person 3-5 days per week at the BJE offices in Los Angeles. Employee must have use of a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and auto insurance for driving at times for work.
Salary & Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $54,080-$ $77,055 per year plus benefits. BJE offers various benefits to employees and dependents that include:
- Health insurance coverages; medical, dental and vision
- Life insurance, AD&D and Long-term Disability
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan: employer paid at 5%
- 403(b) retirement savings plan contribution
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO [email protected]