Congregation Rodeph Sholom, a large dynamic Reform synagogue on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, seeks an experienced candidate to handle a diverse range of responsibilities to support the membership functions of the Synagogue. Oversee membership database; provide support to Membership Director in cultivation, and retention of members by providing extraordinary customer service. The ideal candidate will have a unique opportunity to learn how a large synagogue operates, while becoming a valuable part of the congregational community.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain congregant database (iMIS) to ensure that all information is kept up-to-date and accurate. This includes new member applications, resignations, updating address and contact information, billing, and much more.
• Together with the Membership Director, coordinate general ticketing and day-of event production for High Holy Day Services, whether virtual, in person, or both.
• Assist in the planning and execution of membership events, both virtual and in person, including Shabbat dinners, congregational receptions, and committee meetings.
• Responsible for management of processing membership dues payments from receipt via mail or online to database entry.
• Complete onboarding of new members including building tours, phone conversations, email correspondence, and processing applications.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or required; duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as the discretion of the Directors.
• Strong desire to build a career as a Jewish professional; knowledge about Judaism or comfortable learning about Jewish rituals and practices.
• Comfort and natural ease in a Customer Service role, both on the phone and in person.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; adept at learning new technology.
• Strong research skills, naturally inclined to problem solve.
• Excellent written communication skills. *may be asked to submit specific writing samples during the interview process.
• Willingness to change course quickly depending on the needs and priorities of the department.
• Team player: openness to helping all departments with any administrative job duties as needed.
• Ability to work occasional hours outside of regular business hours, including participation in events or programs that happen on Shabbat.
• BA/BS Degree
• 1-3 years of related office experience preferred
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook.