Located in the heart of Boston in a homey prewar brick building on the wonderful Northeastern University campus, Northeastern Hillel is a growing staff of five, looking to add a part-time Operations professional. Seeking someone who is organized, innovative, with attention to detail, and able to wear different hats to grow with the organization and staff.
You will strive to keep the daily functions of the organization running smoothly ranging from greeting prospective students to using QuickBooks to ensure the financial health of the organization. Reporting directly to the executive director, you’ll maintain utmost confidentiality when working with donors/the board/foundations the further the mission of Northeastern Hillel. THIS IS PART TIME
What You’ll Do
* Bridge the gap between the programming and the budgets
* Process reimbursements, invoices, bills, and track receipts
* Manage the bank accounts and credit cards
* Work with accountants to file 990
* Maintain accounts with university
* Monthly and year end closes
* Reconcile and produce financial statements
* Coordinate reconciliations
* Manage restricted/unrestricted funds
- Building Operations
* Coordinate repair and maintenance to keep the building presentable, secure, and in good condition
* Maintain compliance with insurance policies
* Ensure kashrut is complied with in both the dairy and meat kitchen
* Lease administration with tenants for parking spots and apartments
- Office Operations
* Maintain State nonexempt status
* Comply with all state/federal paperwork
* Hire and manage work studies
* Maintain vendor relationships
* Maintain, manage, and ensure accuracy of the database through Little Green Light.
* Produce reports to assist in appeals
* Process and deposit donations
* Coordination and review acknowledgement letters with director
* Manage credit card donations through LGL and the University
* Work the university to reconcile the donations receive through them
* Create processes for mail and email appeals with the director
* Apply for, track, and ensure compliance with grants and renewals
What You’ve Accomplished
- 1 - 3 of years in operations, fundraising, or development
- Experience in finance/bookkeeping/accounting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep organized and manage time effectively
- Comfort with Little Green Light and Quickbooks, with a close eye to detail
- Desire to work in a nonprofit and educational setting
- Strong skills in excel
- Basic understanding of Kashrut
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this part time role is 30,000-50,000 depending on hours and experience.
- Flexible Hours. You pick your hours, as long as they are consistent.
- Your own office and parking spot in Boston
- An easy going atmosphere
- Health, Dental, Retirement, and Holidays Benefits Commensurates with hours
- Plenty of Hillel and university schwag
About Northeastern Hillel
Northeastern Hillel provides a welcoming, pluralistic Jewish community on campus that supports students in their transition to, and throughout, their university experience. We co-create action opportunities with students to explore and live their values, both on and off-campus. NU Hillel offers students opportunities to develop a meaningful relationship with Israel, including opportunities to study, volunteer, co-op, and tour in Israel.
Hillel helps students find a balance in being distinctively Jewish and universally human by encouraging them to pursue social justice and repair the world (tzedek and tikkun olam), engage in Jewish learning and knowledge (da’at), and to support Israel and global Jewish peoplehood (kehillah).
Northeastern Hillel’s students, staff, and volunteer leaders are proud of our strong reputation for innovation. Our initiatives are adapted for use by Jewish and Israel advocacy organizations and universities each year.
About Northeastern University
Located in Boston, Northeastern University is a private research university with an estimated Jewish population of 1,250 students and a total undergraduate population of 18,000 students and graduate population of 7,000 students. Northeastern features a cooperative education program that integrates classroom study with professional experience on seven continents and a comprehensive study abroad program.
Northeastern offers undergraduate majors in 65 departments. Academics at Northeastern is grounded in the liberal arts and in the integration of classroom studies with experiential learning opportunities, including cooperative education, student research, service learning, and global experience, including study abroad and international co-op opportunities.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that fosters an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and trains them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Northeastern Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.