Job Title: Programs Coordinator
Primary Supervisor: Rabbi
Secondary Supervisor: Director of Operations
Start Date: Monday, July 19, 2021
Beth Meyer Synagogue, a Jewish house of worship and learning community, invites applications for employment as a three-quarter-time Programs Coordinator. An indispensable partner to clergy, staffpersons, and volunteer leaders, the Programs Coordinator supports execution of community-building activities and initiatives at Beth Meyer Synagogue.
1. Program Administration. Empower clergy, staffpersons, colleagues, and volunteers to design and implement recurring and pop-up community-building initiatives. Execute support tasks as needed, including registration management, vendor supervision, day-of coordination, and recordkeeping.
2. Calendaring. Share calendaring responsibilities with Facilities Coordinator & Clergy Assistant. Receive and process program-related requests for facilities use and confirm reservations. Record reservations on intraoffice calendar and direct Kitchen Manager and Facilities Custodian to execute set-ups.
3. Inventory Management. Maintain and stock inventory of program and ritual supplies accessible to staff and volunteers. Process and approve requests for inventory procurement and lending.
4. Technology Administration. Maintain inventory of circulating audio visual equipment required to implement programs, such as microphones and assistive listening devices. Process and approve requests for inventory lending and troubleshoot technology failure with experts as needed. Counsel Director of Operations on purchases.
5. Fiscal Management. Share responsibility for deployment of financial resources. Track planned financial transactions for programs against actual transactions and participate in budget operations.
6. Zoom Moderation. Moderate online meeting technology as needed during work hours preset by mutual agreement between Programs Coordinator and Rabbi. Recruit and organize congregants to moderate outside of work hours--specifically, on Shabbat mornings and at shiva services.
1. 0-2 years of work experience are required.
2. Beth Meyer Synagogue prioritizes demonstration of these work behaviors:
• Commitment to continuous professional learning, such as completion of advanced studies.
• Prioritization and execution of tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to accept extra duties to support business operations.
3. Beth Meyer Synagogue is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits:
1. The salary range for the Programs Coordinator position is $28,000 to $32,000, but final compensation is determined based on management discretion and benefits package elected.
2. The Programs Coordinator works thirty hours per week and co-determines with the Director of Operations their work schedule. If requested, the Programs Coordinator can enjoy a four-day week.
3. The Programs Coordinator is awarded two weeks of paid vacation leave and earns compensation on office holidays. Beth Meyer Synagogue also permits leave for other reasons (e.g., preventative care, mourning) enumerated in its Employee Handbook.
4. Three-quarter time workers are eligible to enroll in a group medical insurance plan after 30 days of employment. Beth Meyer Synagogue pays 75% of employee’s health insurance premiums and 50% of premiums for qualified dependents.
5. Funds for training and development are available at the Director of Operations’ discretion.