The Database Report Writer (DRW) is responsible for supporting the organization by developing and reporting metrics using Blackbaud CRM (SAND) as well as third-party applications. The (DRW) will actively interview and collaborate with database users across the organization to best develop and optimize reports to suit Federation’s needs. The DRW will perform data analysis, validation, and develop dashboards in addition to other projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a working knowledge of in-house processes; serve as a business and thought partner to teams across the organization, creating and testing reports in alignment with reporting needs.
• Responsible for working with users and analysts to identify/interpret business needs and user requirements in order to develop proper data solutions; gather and analyze raw data from various systems and reports.
• Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining database solutions related to reporting, data security, marketing and communications including but not limited to:
o Create Marketing Mail lists for use via telemarketing, direct mail, snail mail, and email.
o Create invitation lists for events and populates the invitation tab.
o Create appeal mailing lists.
o Create advanced query/selections/smart query/KPI’s/Dashboard.
? Aggregate data for management analysis using SQL and SSRS.
o Create export definitions.
o Advanced query reporting for management analytics.
o Develop and maintain PowerBi/INSIGHT reports and dashboards.
• Write SQL scripts to update data that cannot be done using a global process in CRM; write SQL or other querying code to extract and manipulate data from database systems.
• Test and validate underlying report data.
• Responsible for yearly rollover process in Blackbaud CRM (SAND), including solicitation and donor owner team updates.
• Document, track changes, resolve issues and maintain all required report design, enhancement and/or modifications to report system accordingly.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time at the Federation’s discretion. Employment is at-will and this job description is not an employment contract and nothing herein shall be deemed to create in any way whatsoever an employment contract.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
• Associate’s degree in a computer related field required, Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field preferred
• Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, BI or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with PowerBI, SQL, advanced Excel required; experience with Blackbaud CRM a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical people
• Knowledge of object oriented, relational database concepts and design and of relational database theory and structured query language (SQL).
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO CALLS, PLEASE.