Administrative Associate, Days Schools and Yeshivot
The Jewish Education Project
New York, NY
Opportunity for Impact
The Jewish Education Project is at the forefront of ensuring that Jewish education remains relevant and meaningful in the lives of Jewish youth and their families today and tomorrow. We inspire and empower educators to create transformative educational experiences for Jewish youth and their families so they can thrive as Jews and in the world.
We are a New York-based agency with a growing national footprint, working closely with educational leaders in day schools, synagogues, JCC’s, and camps. We offer training, thought leadership, and partnerships, and we touch the lives of hundreds of thousands of children and their families each year. The Jewish Education Project is a beneficiary of UJA-Federation of New York, and we are also engaged in several national initiatives supported by major foundations.
The day school/yeshiva ecosystem in New York City comprises hundreds of schools and a student population of over 150,000 and growing. The human and financial resources needed to drive towards excellence and innovation is breathtaking in its scope and scale. Beyond the numbers, the New York day school and yeshiva community also encompasses subsectors that are vastly dissimilar – in their ideologies, their approaches to governance and leadership, in their educational priorities, and in the learning needs of their student populations. Indeed, our schools range from those that compete with the city’s most cutting-edge private and public institutions to those that cannot afford to hire trained teachers.
We are committed to being at the forefront of ensuring that Jewish education remains relevant and meaningful in the lives of Jewish youth and their families today and tomorrow. For more information about The Jewish Education Project, please visit www.jewishedproject.org
The Jewish Education Project welcomes a full-time, Administrative Associate as an integral member of the Day School and Yeshivot team, providing some general support to the agency, as needed. We are looking for a motivated individual who is proactive, detail-oriented and organized. Reporting to the Managing Director, Day Schools and Yeshivot, s/he/they will be able to juggle multiple projects, people, and priorities.
• Support multiple areas with programmatic, tech and agency systems
• Schedule, set up, and manage resources for webinars/webseries as well as internal and external meetings and retreats
• Act as point person and event manager for both virtual and (post-COVID) in-person network meetings, retreats, conferences, and workshops (scheduling, room reservations, ordering food, making nametags, etc)
• Develop marketing materials, update web pages, and send out emails/event launches on behalf of program initiatives
• Manage portfolio-specific as well as some ongoing agency-wide administrative logistics
• Manage content and data entry into multiple systems including salesforce and our educator portal; generate related reports based on these inputs
• Serve as Zoom webinar tech support for virtual network meetings, workshops, etc
• Generate programmatic resources, documents, and PowerPoint presentations (format, design, logos, fonts, design, etc.)
• Assist with managing programmatic grants and budget reporting
• Serve as team’s social media coordinator
• Provide general agency support as needed.
Experience, Qualifications, and Competencies
• Extremely organized, including a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient with most of the following, with strong ability to learn new software/tools and support others in learning:
o Pardot or comparable email marketing platform
o Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), GoogleDocs
o Zoom, WebEx, Adobe Connect or other similar online meeting/webinar platform
o SalesForce, DonorPerfect, or other CRM programs
o Some experience with managing the backend of a website or coding
• Strong interpersonal skills - ability to develop relationships with a wide variety of people.
• Disciplined and flexible; takes responsibility and ownership of his/her/their portfolio of work
• Proven ability to work well independently and in teams
• Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
• Positive attitude and commitment to The Jewish Education Project’s mission
• Entrepreneurial self-starter; a problem solver with top notch planning and prioritizing skills
• A persuasive and passionate communicator, both written and oral
• Candidates with diverse racial, cultural, educational, and experiential backgrounds are urged to apply
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What We Offer
• Three weeks paid time off in year 1; increasing incrementally on a set schedule
• Comprehensive health insurance
• Paid family leave
• 401k plan
• Commuter benefits
• Early close on Fridays for Shabbat and closed for most Jewish holidays
• Shortened summer hours
• A positive work environment with exposure to great learning opportunities and the chance to work with some of the top professionals in the field of Jewish Education
• This is a Union position with a set starting salary of $50,000.
How to Apply
• Please see below and include the job title in the email subject line
• Resume submissions will be reviewed beginning the week of October 4th
• The Jewish Education Project is an equal opportunity employer
Location: Remote until January 4, 2022, followed by hybrid work with two days at 520 Eighth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
The Jewish Education Project aims to select, place and train the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace.