Location: Remote, Midwest Preferred (Central Time Zone Operating Hours)
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 9-5 CST
Salary Range: $42,000-$50,000
Start Date: December 2021
Who is that one person who changed your life? Do you want to be that person for others? If so, read on, because BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join our team as a Customer Service Specialist as part of our Movement Experiences team.
As a Customer Service Specialist for BBYO, you will be responsible for recruitment, registration and support of teens who participate with any BBYO Movement Experience and support organization-wide customer service.
The ideal candidate has a great personality, is outgoing, likes to offer individuals new experiences, extremely organized, solution- and detail- oriented, and quick to learn new technologies and platforms. This person has customer service experience and enjoys being ‘one step ahead’ in anticipating needs of each family. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Program Registration & Administration.
You: You have experience working in customer service, travel programs, and engaging with teens and parents. You thrive when given the chance to sell amazing meaningful programs and support teens through the registration process. You equally love tending to all details behind-the-scenes, while keeping an eye on the big picture. You possess a skill set that includes strong customer service, logical thinking, and professional writing. You are a self-starter, a problem solver, a collaborative team player, tech savvy, and enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment. Making a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of Jewish teens feels both energizing and empowering, which makes you well-equipped to join our fast-paced and innovative team.
Us: We are a global network of passionate professionals working to amplify Jewish teen life worldwide. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens, built on 97 years of storied history. We do this challenging and invigorating work through our partners in more than 725 local, teen-led chapters across 55+ countries, at hundreds of weekend retreats during the school year, and across a rapidly growing suite of global exchanges, campaigns, and movement initiatives all year-round. Over the summer, we run dozens of movement experiences including extensive Israel travel, missions, and community tours across six continents, and a myriad of leadership camps. Our team is strong, agile, creative, inclusive and every day is different by design. We are results-driven, and we enjoy working together as much as we believe in the mission we are chasing together.
What You will Get to Do as a Customer Service Specialist:
Customer Service [50% amount of hours/week]
- Promote and respond to phone calls, emails, and any needs to families interested in Passport/Domestic program travel
- Respond to phone calls, emails and any needs to families supporting International Convention
- Assist participants on flight and travel related logistics
- Coordinate inventory and responsible for shipping of IC items
- Support general organizational customer service including but not limited to general database assistance and supporting parents with MYBBYO, registration, membership and scholarship assistance.
- Support regions with their backend customer support needs.
- Serve as a key member of the Movement Experiences team, working every day to advance BBYO’s organizational goals
Operations / RootOne Coordinator [20% amount of hours/week]
- Responsible for all logistics around RootOne travel vouchers
- Confirming all forms have the information needed
- Education component/All logistics including- Class registration, attendance, Zoom, BBYO
- Pull any data needs for RootOne
Ad hoc Movement Experiences Related Projects [30% amount of hours/week]
- Responsible for collection of medical, travel forms for all Movement Experiences (IC, Passport and Domestic)
- Support logistics for team retreats
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with sales and customer service
- Ability to manage participant data, event revenue, expense, supply inventory and travel details accurately
- Excellent database, writing and communication skills
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis – approximately 20% of the year, to support BBYO Passport’s business as well as attend core BBYO annual moments like Team retreat, Staff Conferences, International Convention, Summer Experiences, and Passport staff training.
- Comfortable with technology, social media, and other creative tools
Benefits of Working for BBYO:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability, and 2.5x Salary Life Insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 22 Paid Secular and Jewish Holidays
- Flexible Work Environment
- Generous 403b and Roth Retirement Plan with Vested Match
You will find friends and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, celebrate your Jewish identity, give back to your community, and, most important, be yourself.