Beth Ami Community Nursery School (BACNS) is committed to quality early childhood education. We believe each child is unique and approaches learning in a variety of ways. We strive to present a warm and nurturing program that teaches the whole child - socially, physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. Please visit https://www.wearebethami.org/ for more information about our program and history.
The ECE Teacher reports to the Director of the school, and works directly with the children and
families enrolled at BACNS. BACNS is looking for energetic, creative substitute teachers to join our year-round team.
- Responsibilities to be shared with co-teachers in a team-work model will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Foster a nurturing and stimulating environment which reflects respect, compassion, a sense of community, and a willingness to gently guide children.
- Implement curriculum that is child-centered and that integrates a variety of ideas, emergent and Reggio-inspired curriculum, and principals of constructivism (inquiry and problem solving) and that enhances skill development (literacy, mathematical thinking, etc.)
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective communication and supportive ties with children, staff, parents, and third-party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families and to establish a partnership between school and home for the child.
- Must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of 12 ECE or CD units and the demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in the Teacher job description.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient command of the English language for effective communication
- Comfortable with diapering children
- Proficiency in technology skills for email; photo management, and creating electronic and print documentation
- Knowledge of Reggio Emilia practice
- Part-time and full-time positions available.
- Teacher rate starts at $18-20 per hour based on qualifications.
- Medical and FSA benefits included
Please send resume, cover letter, and materials to:
BCANS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Facility License # 490102646