Our client, The Moise Safra Center www.moisesafracenter.org is looking for an experienced and effective Synagogue Administrator for its Ohel Moshe Synagogue, reporting to the Synagogue Rabbi & Rebbetzin.
An exciting opportunity for a motivated professional with organizational and administrative experience to help manage and oversee a vibrant, and vital Synagogue housed in a Jewish community center on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. The Moise Safra Center’s 65,000 square foot building is a vertical campus of 12 floors with dedicated venues for social, recreational, educational, and wellness activities for all ages, and more importantly for worship and Jewish study. The facility includes a beautiful synagogue, beit midrash, pool, sauna, fitness center, basketball court, culinary, dance and yoga studios, elegant banquet spaces including an outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the city. This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual to help manage a vibrant and elegant Synagogue and serve its members in a sophisticated urban setting.
- Responsible for all synagogue communications including scheduling, crafting and responding to emails.
- Sending out the weekly bulletin (including D’var Torah, schedule, programming and events)
- Update synagogue information on website
- Help maintain synagogue database
- Manage, invoice, monitor and send thank you letters for all synagogue pledges and sponsorships
- Order food and supplies for all synagogue functions, events, Shabbat and holidays including daily breakfasts, and Shabbat Children’s program (pricing and budgeting)
- Work with facility staff and other departments to ensure all logistics for functions and classes such as flowers, food and beverages etc. are carried out smoothly and meet our standards
- Manage acceptance and storage of all deliveries for the synagogue
- Manage Memorial plaques / Yortzeit process
- Manage High Holidays seat sales
- Help manage all holiday events including Sukkah meals, Hanukah party, Purim party etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in a professional environment. Preferably in a synagogue, school, youth, or religious organization or institution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the Moise Safra Center
- Working knowledge of Jewish laws and traditions
Please submit your application to: Synagogue Administrator – NYC (#929) | Joel Paul Group