Who is that one person who changed your life? Do you want to be that person for others? If so, read on because BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join our team as an Associate Regional Director, based in the Washington-DC area!
Associate Regional Directors play a key role in the success of BBYO by working closely with teens in the Washington, DC area (Rockville, District and Howard County) to create strong programs, develop leadership skills, and make their chapters great. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact by engaging with and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You’re creative, quick on your feet, and you like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality, and you love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you're good at juggling multiple priorities at once.
We’re a global network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens during the school year with 600 teen-led local chapters and over 100 weekend retreats along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, global travel programs and leadership camps. We work as a strong and inclusive team and every day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and results driven.
What You’ll Get to Do as an Associate Regional Director:
- Work directly with teens (grades 8-12) to create impactful, fun and dynamic programs
- Mentor teens and deliver leadership training
- Work with teens to attract and retain members to build and grow chapters
- Guide teens in establishing an annual calendar for each chapter that drives engagement and recruitment through meaningful programming
- Build and maintain relationships with all key community stakeholders
- Recruit new members to join BBYO and to attend summer programs
- Facilitate the planning process, alongside teen leadership and colleagues, for regional programs including overnight conventions
- Work alongside colleagues to bring new, innovative, and fun ideas to the community
- Attend summer camp (but this time you’re in charge!) as you lead teen leadership programs
- Manage the region’s email inbox and assist with mass communication tools including but not limited to council emails, social media, and phone follow-ups
- Track regional data such as membership, prospects and program logistics
What You’ll Learn as an Associate Regional Director:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities
- 0-3 years of work experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience with youth or teens is preferred
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to work in-person in the Washington, DC area (Rockville, District and Howard County)
- Ability to travel as needed and to staff a summer leadership program at a location in the U.S. for 2-3 weeks each summer.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship.
- As frequent in-person interaction with BBYO teens is required for this role, the staff-member must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 within 6 weeks of start date.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function with or without reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
Benefits of Working for BBYO:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability, and 2.5x Salary Life Insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 22 Paid Secular and Jewish Holidays
- Flexible Work Environment
- Generous 403b and Roth Retirement Plan with Vested Match
You’ll find friends, mentors, and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, celebrate your Jewish identity, give back to your community, bring out the best in others, and, most important, be yourself.
Salary: $40,000 - $48,000