The Director of Development provides the leadership, strategic direction, management, and coordination for Marin JCC's fundraising efforts. The Director of Development creates and implements fundraising strategies that increase the organization's support from individuals, corporations, foundations, events, and other sources.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and oversees a dedicated and professional development department, currently made up of two full-time staff: Annual Giving Officer and Foundation Officer.
• Oversees creation of development plan in consultation with CEO and Development Committee.
• Directs all development activities, including individual donors, events, and foundation grants to fulfill goals of approved plan.
• Cultivates and strengthens culture of philanthropy with Board of Directors and Center management and staff.
• Identifies, cultivates and solicits individual, foundation, planned gifts, and corporate contributions.
• Oversees grants management and ensures all timelines and milestones, including proposals, research, and reporting to funders, are in place to meet development plan goals.
• Manages the development department in a fiscally sound manner and ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to support fundraising goals.
• Works closely with the Board of Directors, a robust Development Committee, and other volunteer leadership bodies to engage and assist them in fulfilling their fundraising responsibilities and prepare regular development reports for the Board.
• Serves as a member of Marin JCC's senior management team, and works closely with CEO and other senior managers to assist with long-range planning.
• Performs general management responsibilities, including annual goals and budgets, reports, and evaluation of fundraising activities.
• Maintains a healthy sense of humor.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the CEO.
• Seven or more years of progressively challenging experience with quantifiable results in all areas of fundraising (identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship)
• Minimum of five years of supervisory experience required
• Experience with donors in Marin County and specifically the Jewish philanthropic community preferred
• A strategist who is adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing, and following through; highly energetic and able to balance multiple competing priorities.
• A team builder with strong skills in management and leadership; must understand the subtleties of motivating and directing a diverse group of personalities.
• Straightforward and self-possessed; one who shares information readily, listens as well as gives advice and respects the abilities of others; diplomatic.
• Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from the day-to-day to the highly creative and visible.
• Willingness to travel and to work long hours as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• CFRE of advanced degree preferred
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTNITY
The Osher Marin JCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDs, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and gender expression and sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
SALARY OR SALARY RANGE
The salary range for this position is $130,000-$150,000.
Benefits: Medical/dental insurance. Flexible benefits plan (FSA).
Life Insurance: Life and disability insurance.
Paid Time Off: Per year - 22 paid vacation days, 13 paid sick days, 11 National and Jewish Holidays, and 3 floater holidays.
Additional Benefits: JCC family health club membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
All Osher Marin JCC staff are fully vaccinated with one booster.