The Jfamily Department at the J provides support, education and connection to Jewish families in Detroit. The Jfamily department is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the team in planning and executing high-quality family programs.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and detail-oriented. This is a great opportunity to assist our staff with diverse projects and provide administrative support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help execute high-quality family programs, this includes all aspects of event planning including preparing program materials, scheduling venues, catering, coordination of technology needs, conference calls, managing registration lists, and welcoming program participants.
- Create and manage program registrations.
- Complete data entry and approvals for the JFamily databases, Mailchimp account, and PJ Library Detroit subscriptions.
- Create program professional contracts.
- Assist in the packing and delivery of Jfamily New Baby Boxes, The Grand Bag and holiday-based bag programs.
- Plan and prepare promotional items orders.
- Record and distribute minutes for meetings.
- Maintain a system for recording expenses, credit card purchases, purchase orders and petty cash.
- Maintain, organize and order general office supplies.
- Administer digital post-program surveys. Facilitate various aspects of surveys including creation and monitoring of digital and print surveys, and compilation of data.
- Assist in the coordination of Jfamily committee meetings and leadership development opportunities.
- Be an integral part of the J’s staff team, to include other responsibilities, as determined by Senior Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of program coordination/administrative experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and holidays preferred.
- Professional, well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Positive attitude, dependable.
- Willing to work some weekends and evening hours, as needed, to provide support for Jfamily/The J events.